Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Increase Speed k/s

Just burned his ISO

Default Increase Speed k/s

hi all

i'm pretty new to WPA cracking (WEP is very simple) and have been reading these forums for the last couple of days and i still have a few unanswered questions.

i have a captured four way handshake from my own network and ran it though a 300mb dic file and it took 10 hours!!! with still no results. the purpose of this was to see if the widley avaible dic files would have my password. the next step is to download pureh@te's 1.9 gig dic file but thats gonna take weeks to run.

my question is there a way of speeding up this process by increasing the k/s without spending hundereds? i tired airolib-ng and that took ages as well! when it finally came to crack it was doing 30000 k/s but took just as long to set up.

i no i could just create a tiny dic file with 4 words in it and my passphrase and i would crack in 2 seconds but that would be boring and very simple.

cheers

Just burned his ISO

To check if your password is in the dictionary file:

grep yourpassword /path/to/your/dictionary

Just burned his ISO

learning every day cheers

still need to speed up my k/s tho

Well, jaapbaas got it ! That's definitely the best way to check your password.

The only way two ways to speed up the process when you don't know the password are :
    1) Use an app that can run multiple threads (on a multicore box obviously)...
    2) Buy some hardware (aka "spend hundreds")

Just burned his ISO

1) Use an app that can run multiple threads (on a multicore box obviously)...

Any suggestions ?

Just burned his ISO

elcomsoft.com/ewsa.html
    Or take a look at this article written by pureh@te:
    offensive-security.com/documentation/backtrack-4-cuda-guide.pdf
    Or you could split up your wordlist and run multiple crackers. (If you have a cpu with multiple cores)

I think google will find another 1000 options for you. (See ~LCF~'s sig)
    Good luck!

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Airolib-ng precomputed tables if you aren't already using them.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/bt4...irolib-ng.html

Otherwise as already mentioned you will need to look into cuda gpu cracking.

Its simple, the password is either in your list or it isn't. Pureh@te's pw list is corrupted and will take a good amount of time to fix in order to become a usable list. At least it was when I downloaded it.

Just burned his ISO

yeah used the Airolib-ng precomputed tables but took over 2 hours to batch and verify a 25mb dictionary file.to batch and verify a couple og gig would take days.

is this the best way to crack wpa or am i missing something?

thanks

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baker24 View Post
    yeah used the Airolib-ng precomputed tables but took over 2 hours to batch and verify a 25mb dictionary file.to batch and verify a couple og gig would take days.

is this the best way to crack wpa or am i missing something?

thanks
    CUDA is probably one of the best/fastest options. It's processing power is unmatched by most current systems.(unless you have a supercomputer at your disposal or several clustered servers.) This only applies if you have a nvidia graphics card with CUDA support though.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by hhmatt81 View Post
    CUDA is probably one of the best/fastest options. It's processing power is unmatched by most current systems.(unless you have a supercomputer at your disposal or several clustered servers.) This only applies if you have a nvidia graphics card with CUDA support though.
    i have nvidia quadro fx 570m

opendrivers.com/driver/291585/nvidia-quadro-fx-series-notebook-gpus-driver-185.85-windows-xp-free-download.html

is this what i'm after all abit new to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast