Thread: Help me install WindowsXP

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Help me install WindowsXP

I got a new lap top for Christmas Dell Inspiron 9 mini and as you may know it doesn't have a CD drive, but I have an external CD drive to use. When I insert the Windows XP setup disk into the drive it doesn't start the setup it just show me the contents of the CD. I've tried to click on the setup icon with the file extension .exe and it won't start but jeust tell me that there is no application to run the program and i can't boot from the removable devices either. SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE.

This isn't a Windows forum. Have you tried Google? This is pretty easy.

Developer

Clearly you are not the brightest bulb on the tree since you didn't notice that not only is this a Linux forum, its a specialized security forum. I would try a forum which specializes in rookie windows questions.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Moileneinia View Post
    I got a new lap top for Christmas Dell Inspiron 9 mini and as you may know it doesn't have a CD drive, but I have an external CD drive to use. When I insert the Windows XP setup disk into the drive it doesn't start the setup it just show me the contents of the CD. I've tried to click on the setup icon with the file extension .exe and it won't start but jeust tell me that there is no application to run the program and i can't boot from the removable devices either. SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE.
    Call Dell, and try posting in a forum that actually supports winders.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

PenDerezofe

Default Help me install WindowsXP

I got a new lap top for Christmas Dell Inspiron 8 mini and as you may know it doesn't have a CD drive, but I have an external CD drive to use. When I insert the Windows XP setup disk into the drive it doesn't start the setup it just show me the contents of the CD. I've tried to click on the setup icon with the file extension .exe and it won't start but jeust tell me that there is no application to run the program and i can't boot from the removable devices either. SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PenDerezofe View Post
    I got a new lap top for Christmas Dell Inspiron 8 mini and as you may know it doesn't have a CD drive, but I have an external CD drive to use. When I insert the Windows XP setup disk into the drive it doesn't start the setup it just show me the contents of the CD. I've tried to click on the setup icon with the file extension .exe and it won't start but jeust tell me that there is no application to run the program and i can't boot from the removable devices either. SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE.
    We already answered your question here.
    We do not support windows!
    We also do not like it when you register another account here.
    Go to a windows support forum there are lots of them around. Or call Dell and ask for help.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.