Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pyrit unable to analyze or attack as it cannot find scapy 2.x

Default pyrit unable to analyze or attack as it cannot find scapy 2.x

Having procured a bunch of large wordlists i decided to test my WPA key and see if anyone's come up with the odd permutation i used to set it up. However, turns out that pyrit isnt very happy with the current setup and can't find scapy. I checked to make sure that scapy is installed (scrapy 2.5), searched this forum and google, and the only thing i came up with was a dead-end thread on pyrit's forums regarding osx having this issue.

When running pyrit to attack or analyze a handshake i get the following stating that it cant find scapy. As pyrit's been moved from the /pentest dir into /usr/bin and all of its corresponding files have gone to the wind i'm a bit confused as to how one is to configure all of this. Has anyone run into this yet? Did i break some dependency along the way? I figure if this were to be a common problem it would be well documented here...

Pyrit 0.2.5-dev (C) 2008, 2009 Lukas Lueg pyrit - Project Hosting on Google Code
    This code is distributed under the GNU General Public License v3

Connecting to storage... connected

Scapy 2.x is required to use Pyrit's analyze/attack functions but seems to be unavailable.

Very good friend of the forum drgr33n's Avatar

Have you upgraded anything from the package manager ? Does /usr/lib/python*/scapy exist ?

I did a apt-get dist-upgrade recently, and /usr/lib/python2.5 and 2.4 do NOT contain a scapy folder even though synaptic and apt get show scapy to be installed.

btw, Dr Green, the 666 post count is definitely a good way to ring in the new year

[EDIT]
    Sorry thought it said it was in the 2.4 folder. Just compile and install scapy from source and remove the one installed from the package manager.

hahaha I didn't see that :-D Well spotted there may be trouble ahead hahaha

Developer

He is right, seems I forgot to upgrade scapy. Thanks I'll get it fixed asap

where's the symlink created from? locate scapy returns a bunch of stuff - what do i point the link to?

Sorry RageLtMan I thought you said the it did exist in the python2.4 folder. Install scapy from source for mow or wait till purehate has updated the repo.

Developer

If you want it fixed right now just do this:
    Code:
    root@bt:~# wget http://hg.secdev.org/scapy/archive/tip.zip

root@bt:~# unzip tip.zip 

root@bt:~# cd scapy-239e7f0ef70f/

root@bt:~/scapy-239e7f0ef70f# ./setup.py build

root@bt:~/scapy-239e7f0ef70f# ./setup.py install

root@bt:~/scapy-239e7f0ef70f# cd ..

Thanks guys. Pureh@te, will i be able to remove the manually installed scapy once the repos are updated?

EDIT: Pureh@te, i did the setup.py build, then built an rpm out of it, used alien to convert the rpm into a deb and now cant install said deb due to conflicts with the python-scapy package (which i cant remove as its needed by a bunch of other stuff) without using force-overwrite (which i did) . however, if you want the deb, i have it, or you could just go through the same process to make your own in case security (trojans, back doors, etc) is a concern. Happy new year btw everyone

I ran a passthrough attack as well as an attack_db against a handshake file - both ended up freezing and running out of memory (i was running after just booting up, no X, nada) took about 12 hrs to run out of 3GB of memory and it seemed to stick around the 15m PMKs area both times. odd...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast