Thread: wpa is imposible to break

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Cool wpa is imposible to break

Hi friends Im fascinated with backtrack.
    wep is easy to crack but wpa I dont think so
    I test my linksys and I am sure that nobody can break my router
    I tested:
    1.-bruteforce (john the ripper) two complete days.
    2.-atack dictionary (aircrack, cowpatty)
    227 million wordlist
    8.5 million "
    3.-pyrit with atistream technology
    2000 kb/s aprox
    and I like to know more methods

It's just impossible to break for you.

... I don't get it. Just take the password, which you must know because you wouldn't be subjecting yourself to this audience without it, and add it to the dictionary file. Presto, you have used technology to demonstrate that WPA is vulnerable.

To me whatever the OP said sounds like as if he's trying to crack an AP that does not belong to him. There has been many many threads about how to break WPA and they all resolve to two things in common:

1) You cannot simply bruteforce it like you did with WEP. You can generate tables with random characters and pipe it through to break the WPA but that isn't proper bruteforcing as I'm sure most are aware.. not as elegant/slipstreamed.

2) WPA isn't as weak as WEP, and it won't be for some more time. So stop trying to crack networks that don't belong to you, if you simply want to examine how WPA can be cracked.. its been said before and I'll say it again, add the correct password into the same list you fed it through aircrack-ng.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud1985 View Post
    Give me 2 seconds and a hammer and that b**ch will be broken i guarantee it.

Targeted wordlists are 10x better, and go say sorry to your neighbors please i bet they wouldn't be happy with what your doing
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud1985 View Post
    Hi friends Im fascinated with backtrack.
    wep is easy to crack but wpa I dont think so
    I tested:
    1.-bruteforce (john the ripper) two complete days.
    2.-atack dictionary (aircrack, cowpatty)
    227 million wordlist
    8.5 million "
    3.-pyrit with atistream technology
    2000 kb/s aprox
    and I like to know more methods
    Ok thanks for sharing your little session of patting yourself on the back. Did you have a question?
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Default blaaa

For some of the 10 year old hackkers around here with 0 knowlege about networking the answer would be indeed as they said, iu are doind illegal stuff blaaa ablaaa.

well you intelligent fedex hackers,if you insert your password in the dictionary, be sure to make a password taht starts wit a, the attack will take about 30 secs. cause that is no longer a attack, it is a log in!

Any password can be broken with a well built dictionary(not the ones on the net, those are rubbish). the security of a network stands in more configuration ,than a simple 100 character password.

if you seek for more options lear john the ripper(well) and download some/all Rainbow tables in the rainbow tables section.

It has to be also said that once cracking a network corectly you leave traces(tons) and if the network you ckack belongs to somene who knows how to trace you afterward, your ass is going to the can (wher you will be tagged in the behind by many ugly tattoed bully's)

Spot on mikec!

Banned

geez can you people not understand what hes saying??
    hes trying to find a way to crack his o-so-clever password he made for his wpa encrypted router just to test if it is possible to crack it.
    i dont think theres any other ways to crack a wpa password besides those you did. btw there is always a possibility my friend dared me to crack his wpa router, which is across the street, and i did. it took almost an entire month of running a randomizer crack to get it but i did get it.