Thread: Yakuake rendering errors with compiz

Default Yakuake rendering errors with compiz

I'm a big fan of using yakuake for quick console commands, unfortunately it seems to have some issue rendering with compiz running. the bottom half of the drop-down console doesnt clear properly and its a bit of a PITA as one has to select everything there to clear it.

I tried installing yakuake (non kde3) to see if that would work, but unfortunately its man page interferes with the kde3 install, and attempting to remove the kde3 version also triggers the removal of most of bt4 .

Is there a way to force the removal of a package without removing the overarching meta packages, or better yet, has anyone resolved the issue with the original package by chance?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Try talking to the compiz or yakuake people this is not really a bt problem.
    Furthermore searching for yakuake at compiz forums (link above) gives several hits third one down should be the one you need.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Thanks for the links, i'll check em out when i get back in. I posted here figuring that the distribution is somewhat unique which would create its own unique issues. I'll definitely go through their forums and try to resolve, will post here when i do.