Thread: seeking xorg.conf for inspiron 1100

Just burned his ISO

Default seeking xorg.conf for inspiron 1100

If anyone has managed to get full resolution graphics on the venerable Inspiron 1100, could you please post your entire /etc/X11/xorg.conf ?
    I've tried endless combinations and examples from ubuntu forums but to no avail.

Graphics work automatically with Knoppix, and they worked easily with Slackware. I've tried using these xorg.confs as well. When I hit startx the system seems to hang and the screen goes dark. Same thing with X -configure. The only thing that kind of works is specifying nothing but Driver "Vesa" in xorg.conf. Then the screen is small and little blue tracers are streaming everywhere . . .

The Working Hardware forum is a place for you to post information about hardware that you have personally confirmed to be working in BT, not for asking questions.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.