Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Needing a wordlist of numbers only !

Just burned his ISO

Default Needing a wordlist of numbers only !

hey all ,
    when i managed to crack wep , i figured out that most of the networks are WPA & WPA2

so , i need a word list , which i coudn't find 1 , or 33 Giga is too big 4 me !!
    so , in my country , using the mobile number (which is 10 digits) for the wireless password ..
    so , i need a word list from the number 0500000000 to 0559999999
    so , any suggestion to how i can make this word list which is gonna save space and time for me =)

thanx

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

You can use crunch as follows:

Code:
    crunch 10 10 0123456789 -t 050@@@@@@@ && crunch 10 10 0123456789 -t 051@@@@@@@ && crunch 10 10 0123456789 -t 052@@@@@@@ && crunch 10 10 0123456789 -t 053@@@@@@@ && crunch 10 10 0123456789 -t 054@@@@@@@ && crunch 10 10 0123456789 -t 055@@@@@@@
    Instead of creating a dictionary file you can just pipe the output of the above command into a program such as Aircrack.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by rateb the pro View Post
    hey all ,
    when i managed to crack wep , i figured out that most of the networks are WPA & WPA2

so , i need a word list , which i coudn't find 1 , or 33 Giga is too big 4 me !!
    so , in my country , using the mobile number (which is 10 digits) for the wireless password ..
    so , any suggestion to how i can make this word list which is gonna save space and time for me =)

thanx
    So you effectively want to crack networks that aren't yours?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO tiensinhcitty's Avatar

hey all ,

me too, who can execute to exe or soft to create numberlist?

hey all ,
    10^10 = 10.000.000.000 possible combinations

This has been discussed before. If you have time to wait you can try, but be prepared to grow a white beard.
    Besides that, "i figured out that most of the networks" are not yours.

hey all ,

thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by tiensinhcitty View Post
    me too, who can execute to exe or soft to create numberlist?
    </holds hand to forehead. intones in mystic sounding voice>
    Doom and gloom! I foresee this thread headed to the Idiots corner!
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    </holds hand to forehead. intones in mystic sounding voice>
    Doom and gloom! I foresee this thread headed to the Idiots corner!
    I would tell you that I was waiting on your response before I proceeded to move and ban, but that would take all the fun out of it.

Since I don't believe the OP actually was able to do anything illegal, I don't believe that I can ban him. But in the interim his posts can be moderated.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Well he didn't explicitly say that he intended to break into all of them, just that he was devising a better method to target networks in his country, which could be legal depending on where he is OR he could have legitimate reasons to break in and therefore wanted to have a better method, thought up of one and asked for help on it. And even if he doesn't currently have a legitimate reason like pentesting maybe hes working on that and wants to make sure he will be prepared. Just saying that its not like he came out saying he wanted to get free internet from his neighbors, only that he wanted a better wordlist for his country

((although legitimate people are probably going to have more than one way to develop a word list like that. Skimming through any programming book can get you to develop a simple executable like that even if you have little experience if you REALLY had trouble with that.))

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madf0x View Post
    Well he didn't explicitly say that he intended to break into all of them, just that he was devising a better method to target networks in his country, which could be legal depending on where he is OR he could have legitimate reasons to break in and therefore wanted to have a better method, thought up of one and asked for help on it. And even if he doesn't currently have a legitimate reason like pentesting maybe hes working on that and wants to make sure he will be prepared. Just saying that its not like he came out saying he wanted to get free internet from his neighbors, only that he wanted a better wordlist for his country

((although legitimate people are probably going to have more than one way to develop a word list like that. Skimming through any programming book can get you to develop a simple executable like that even if you have little experience if you REALLY had trouble with that.))

Let's just make this clear so as to prevent any confusion, in case there is some.
    It is not a matter of whether it is legal in his country or not. What matters is that if we (as a community) believe it is illegal or immoral then we will not support or condone it. Further more my definition as far as the forums are concerned is that if it is something that could bring discredit to the forums and or violate the rules, then I for one will not tolerate it. If it is something that a member brings to my attention and I believe that that member is correct (and those who know and comment about it are generally correct), then again it will not be tolerated. What anyone does out-side of the forums is not my business. What they bring with them when they log-in is however. I would also speculate that the others Moderators/Admins would agree.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel.amael View Post
    I would also speculate that the others Moderators/Admins would agree.
    Yes, thats my opinion on the matter as well.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast