Thread: vmware doesn't locate wireless adapter

Just burned his ISO

Default vmware doesn't locate wireless adapter

Hi,

I'm using Vmware Player on my Asus K70IC, guest OS - backtrack 4 (tried also bt 3), host OS - windows 7, . The problem is, that vmware doesn't detect my wireless adapter, which is built-in Atheros AR9285. I can't see it in 'removable devices'. I've been googling for the answer for two days, but without success. I don't know if the issue is connected with my os being incompatibile with vmware or the reason is backtrack itself.

I'm new to Vmware and backtrack, so please forgive any lack of knowledge. Thank you in advance

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by hatake_kakashi View Post
    Just wondering if there is a bright flashy lights plug in for vbulliten because I am wondering why we are still getting this question after I made that post.

I've been googling for the answer for two days, but without success.
    I'm new to Vmware and backtrack, so please forgive any lack of knowledge.
    Looks like you are new to google as well.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Just wondering if there is a bright flashy lights plug in for vbulliten because I am wondering why we are still getting this question after I made that post.
    It could be the top sticky in the Newbie Area (instead of fourth!) and you could have used the#7 size text, in Red, and people would still ask. It's that whole "lead a horse to water" thing.

Until TCP/IP allows mods the ability to deliver electric shocks for not reading the introductory threads, I'm not sure it will ever change. Think Dr. Venkman in Ghost Busters.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Think Dr. Venkman in Ghost Busters.
    I just did and got a shock. Most strange.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by riczard View Post
    Hi,

I'm using Vmware Player on my Asus K70IC, guest OS - backtrack 4 (tried also bt 3), host OS - windows 7, . The problem is, that vmware doesn't detect my wireless adapter, which is built-in Atheros AR9285. I can't see it in 'removable devices'. I've been googling for the answer for two days, but without success. I don't know if the issue is connected with my os being incompatibile with vmware or the reason is backtrack itself.

I'm new to Vmware and backtrack, so please forgive any lack of knowledge. Thank you in advance
    Hey..also once u get a usb adapter you have to set 'bridge connections' when you setting up vmware.. search you tube for "Backtrack 4 VmWare" (by kivi12k)

Its a funny irony that time and time again, one will see such senseless post popping up.

Lets all forget manuals, because they're not worth reading.. Lets all forget newspapers, televisions and other propaganda media because they aren't newsworthy.. Instead, lets all ask simple questions like as if we just don't have the patience to read the documentation, etc and we need our own questions answered like as if we deserve to be completely and blatantly ignorant but at the same time very desperate.