Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble with cracking WEP

Junior Member imported_apprentice's Avatar

Default Trouble with cracking WEP

Hey guys, i have been having few problems trying to crack wep.
    Most times i find a AP through airodump and then i go and use SpoonWEP 2 (fantastic problem) i use ARP or Fragmentation attack the Beacons are rising and Rx Power is high the data packets slowly come in then all of a sudden a big burst say 2000 packets then it slows right down like there is no connection
    could someone please shed some light, thanks.

Im using A EEE pc with BT3 final installed, rt73-k2wrlz 2.0.1 driver installed, using Edimax EW7318-USG with 10dbi antenna.

Well not sure what your problem maybe but it sounds like there is no network activity to give you anything to ARP. I always us aireplay to crack WEP keys. Seems to work for me. I mean you have to make sure someone is going to be using the network is some way. Here are the two lines I use while using airodump

aireplay-ng -1 0 -a (bssid) -h (your mac) (your wifi card)
    once that finishes
    aireplay-ng -3 -b (bssid) -h (your mac) (your wifi card)

once this is running in a new shell as well as your airodump command, and someone hits that network with anything at all you should be able to watch your data packets go crazy should shoot to about 10,000 in less then 5 min with a strong signal. Once done then you can just use aircrack to crack the key. Hope this helps.

There are some great tutorials about this subject on the forum. Search "-=Xploitz=- WEP"
    When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean. -- Lin-Chi
    - - - - - - - -
    I slept once, it was a Tuesday.

thanks for your help but i cheat a little bit i use the gui's,
    when i use charon 1.1 and choose my network card under settings it says injection works, now the rate i use is 1M should i possible up that to 2M or 4M ?

i also applied the sensitivity patch aswell located here
    hxxp://tinyshell.be/aircrackng/forum/index.php?topic=2235.0

Is it better to manually do the attacks compared to using SpoonWEP 2 ??
    Is it more efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by apprentice View Post
    Is it more efficient.
    Not sure if it more efficient or not, but aircrack is not hard to use, and it will give you a greater understanding of the process. I haven't used spoonwep2 but I would think that aircrack would have more options to provide different vectors of attack, giving you a greater chance of success.
    When hungry, eat your rice; when tired, close your eyes. Fools may laugh at me, but wise men will know what I mean. -- Lin-Chi
    - - - - - - - -
    I slept once, it was a Tuesday.

ok thanks for your input guys much appreciated

Thumbs up

This is where I got my info on cracking both cracking WEP and WPA keys on wireless networks. Go to youtube and search for a guy with the user name of kivi12k. He has some good stuff on cracking keys. Just needs to be tweaked a bit for like your card name but works never the less.

Just burned his ISO

Hey guys, i have been having few problems trying to crack wep.
    Most times i find a AP through airodump and then i go and use SpoonWEP 2 (fantastic problem) i use ARP or Fragmentation attack the Beacons are rising and Rx Power is high the data packets slowly come in then all of a sudden a big burst say 2000 packets then it slows right down like there is no connection
    could someone please shed some light, thanks.

Im using A EEE pc with BT3 final installed, rt73-k2wrlz 2.0.1 driver installed, using Edimax EW7318-USG with 10dbi antenna.
    yeah the problem is you are using spoonwep if you are using airodump-ng to sniff then just finish it out with aireplay-ng and aircrack-ng

Is it more efficient.
    Spoonwep2 is a Java GUI for aircrack-ng suite, and therefore should be just as efficient.

Spoonwep2 is easy to use but i agree with pynstrom aircrack is relatively easy to use and there are many great tutorials out there to help you, and using the command line will help you understand the processes.
    "At least black people knew when they where slaves" Doug stanhope

Just burned his ISO

Default bt3

ive been useing spoonwep2 and its good saves a lot of typing where can i get a spoon wpa from can eny one help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast