Thread: Feeding john into aircrack as wordlist

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Feeding john into aircrack as wordlist

Hi all,

I know there is a simple command to feed the words that john generates, into aircrack-ng, to use for wpa cracking...

/usr/local/john-1.7.2/john incremental=ALL --stdout ?????.... something...... aircrack-ng -w - test-01.cap ?

Please help me to make john generate words, that aircrack will see as input ?

I have spent most of the afternoon reading in the help-files but seem unable to understand it...

Developer

Even though I know how to do this , as I test I entered these terms in google. "john" "aircrack-ng" and "stdout" and guess what. The first entry came up with this.

Let me google that for you

You are never going to get anywhere with backtrack or linux if you cant use google. #failbus

john <john options here> --stdout | aircrack-ng -a 2 -b <mac> -w - /path/to/mycaptureddata.cap

Just burned his ISO

Talking Wow

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    Even though I know how to do this , as I test I entered these terms in google. "john" "aircrack-ng" and "stdout" and guess what. The first entry came up with this.
    Let me google that for you[/url]

You are never going to get anywhere with backtrack or linux if you cant use google. #failbus

john <john options here> --stdout | aircrack-ng -a 2 -b <mac> -w - /path/to/mycaptureddata.cap
    thank you for googling that for me.

The last time i googles something on BT, i was allways re-directed here for the info....so i thought i had learned it was a good idea not to try google when exploring BT......

Lesson learned,.... again...

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oversight View Post
    thank you for googling that for me.

The last time i googles something on BT, i was allways re-directed here for the info....so i thought i had learned it was a good idea not to try google when exploring BT......

Lesson learned,.... again...
    Pro Tip:
    Code:
    aircrack-ng -inurl:forums.remote-exploit.org
    The - in front of inurl stops google from returning anything from the forums. Maybe 90% of the answers to questions that show up here can be found by that simple bit of searching.
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.