Thread: No WPA handshake

Just burned his ISO

Default No WPA handshake

Hello everyone,

I have a RTL8187 card and I've been trying to crack my network (yes it's mine, I DO know the WPA2 passcode) and when I get to the step where I'm DeAuth'ing the client it doesn't make WPA handshake when the client reconnects. I have tried "--deauth 1" all the way to "--deauth 50". I know it's DeAuth'ing the client because my main computer (the client) stops receiving.

I have noticed a couple of problems here on the forums that users have with this, and I have tested all that I have seen:
    1)The power is too low
    This isn't in my case because it's always below(it's negative) -30 and I've put my laptop (the one that is running BT4 and the penetration testing) right up to the router.
    2)The wireless adapter cannot inject packets
    This also isn't my problem because I did the "aireplay --test mon0" and it said that the injection is working and it did 30/30

So, did I miss something, did I not install some drivers? I installed all of the ones that were on the aircrack website for my card. If I did miss a driver, where do I get them? Is the whole "negative power" thing a problem, if so, how do I fix it?

Just burned his ISO

Figured out what the problem was:
    I needed to stop my adapter from connecting to the network, once I did that, it was working just fine.

Just burned his ISO

hi i'm having the same problem no handshake and the power is in negative. but in backtrack 3 the pwr is in positive and i get handshake plz help.any adivce would be useful.

Yep, ive had a similar issue.

Your card will capture the handshake & it will inject. I have tested this on both WEP & WPA its just a matter of being in the right range for the handshake. Ive found that i can deauth a client from a long distance ( by long i mean 1 end of the house ) but when they reauthenticate it doesnt capture the handshake unless the target pc/laptop is close enough the the router.

Iv experienced no capture as low as -35 which was verry annoying.

Make a new top on backtrack-linux.org maybe they can resolve this