Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using-an-adobe-exploit-in-a-email-attack

Hybrid View

Developer

Default Using-an-adobe-exploit-in-a-email-attack

I just wrote this article for a website my friend and I post on and I wanted to share it here, but I am to lazy to rewrite it so here is the link.

Using an Adobe Exploit in a Email Attack

Pretty cool write up . Funny you posted that right now, as I was checking the Offsec blog and watching the "hollywood version" on that exploit a few moments ago.

Developer

Yeah Logan did it first but I wanted to write something for my friends site that wasn't to technical so normal people could understand.

"Adobe has been informed of this vulnerability for well over a month now and has issued a statement that it will release a fix on January 14th"

There's some great articles on this site. Thanks for sharing. Will make for good reading tonight .

Awesome article. I have a feeling that we're going to see this a lot more where I work.
    This is the sixth time we have created a thread about it... and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

Good Reading! Thanks for sharing. It's scary indeed that adobe will just fix it on January. In the mean time i'll never open another pdf...

Just burned his ISO

Default avi

i was playing with this little christmas gift (thank you) and noticed that yahoo mail avi and a few others are all picking it up as a backdoor.... would it be possible to Hex edit the .exe or something of this nature? if so does anyone know what bits must be changed? thank you for your time. and another great post. a real no sleeper for me lol. thank you agian purehate

Developer

Sure you can use msfencode and create the .pdf via the msfcli command line however those are the kinds of things I generally do not feel comfortable making tutorials on. There is lots of info on msfencode around.

I have sent email from BT4 gmail to hotmail account on XP sp2 with pdf attached ok. When I click on the attached pdf I get the following
    " The file security_update.pdf is infected with an unknown virus, so it isn't safe to download "
    any ideas as what next ?
    thanks

Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar

The post above yours tells you what to look for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast