Thread: SQL Servers

Just burned his ISO

Default SQL Servers

A website I am building currently stores and displays information in a SQL database and I am concerned about how safe my data. How easy would it be for someone to break in and does any one know of any guides that would let me have a go at it myself.

Default Re: SQL Servers

Quote Originally Posted by MutantKeyboard View Post
    A website I am building currently stores and displays information in a SQL database and I am concerned about how safe my data. How easy would it be for someone to break in and does any one know of any guides that would let me have a go at it myself.
    I would use google to help you find the answer to your question. Plenty of fuzzers, write ups and tools on the internet and also some in Back Track that will test out the SQL database.

Default Re: SQL Servers

A website I am building currently stores and displays information in a SQL database and I am concerned about how safe my data. How easy would it be for someone to break in
    That depends on how well the site is designed.

and does any one know of any guides that would let me have a go at it myself.
    These are some good and very complete references:
    Amazon.com: SQL Injection Attacks and Defense (9781597494243): Justin Clarke: Books
    Amazon.com: The Web Application Hacker's Handbook: Discovering and Exploiting Security Flaws (9780470170779): Dafydd Stuttard, Marcus Pinto: Books

If you want something free look at the OWASP Testing Guide (or just the OWASP site in general):
    Category:OWASP Testing Project - OWASP
    OWASP

There are also various training courses on the subject, including the PWB course from Offensive Security and the GWAPT and GPEN courses from SANs.

I have only given very high level answers here because this is not the type of question that can be usefully answered in a forum post. If you dont already have skills in this area your best bet is to hire a professional to assess the security of your website for you.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.