Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How To Scan A Target Behind A Router

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper445 View Post
    It is possible to turn certain hosts into zombies (on the network border that might be poorly configured), with which you can tunnel your scans through that host. Not only will it get you into the LAN's hosts, it will appear the scans are coming from that particular host that is being used as the zombie system. Hope this helps, yet it isn't easy finding a host that vulnerable on the border unless he maybe has a printer or something along those lines in a DMZ.
    While this maybe true if you re read the thread you will see we are most likely talking about a home network with a crappy wireless router as the gateway.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te
    a home network with a crappy wireless router as the gateway.
    That is exactly the set up.
    I have a Belkin F5D9230-4 and my brother has a Linksys WRT54GL.

What would we ever do without Wal-mart as the mass consumers quality supplier of computer hardware.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5nb29nbGUuY29tL3NlYXJjaD9obD1lbiZxPW NsYXdpbmcraG9sZXMraW4rbmF0K3dpdGgrdXBucCZhcT1mJm9x PSZhcWk9
    Its encoded to protect just anyone from seeing it :3

Just burned his ISO

I think lupin hit the nail on the head with the CCNA study guide. The CCNA study guide and labs are a real asset to anyone wanting to get a very solid understadning of TCP/IP. I would strongly suggest seeing if maybe a local community college offers CCNA1-4 courses with the latest CCNA curriculum. Understanding how a network as a whole operates is the first step to understanding how to penetrate it.

I'm glad i read this thread as i feel a bit safer i stumbled across backtrack simply because i was bored at home and a program on the tv hacked some people from a wifi hotspot and said they wouldn't say what the programs were but that they are freely available on the net so i thought how easy would it be to hack my router how safe am i. I didn't have any knowledge of Linux or even that it was an OS within 1 day of dl the bt4 pre release i clicked on the install.sh and didn't partition my hard drive i stupidly thought that it would just save some settings somewhere well you all know that idiot boy me lost all of everything and couldn't even connect to the internet because i didn't about /etc/init.d/networking start and couldn't look it up luckily for me i had dl the OSWA ASSISTANT wich is no way close to as good as BT but could connect to the net well microsoft wont allow you to download vista again so i downloaded Ubuntu 9.10 and used that as my OS until i could get windows back for the misses well in 2 weeks i was able to hack my router so i wanted to know more and i found nmap ettercap and metasploit ive viewed the videos and have come to realise that most if not all of these are on the same network so i can understand why the steps to breach an external router are not on here because it would be used for the wrong reasons im now going to read all the information i can in relation to this thread so i can better protect myself as i feel that its more important to me than my mate asking me to hack him to see if i can do it. The way i look at this all is HOW CAN YOU DEFEND YOURSELF FROM AN ENEMY YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT and Backtrack helps me help myself.

Go on a night time skirmish and attack his wifi.

Social engineer your way into his house and setup port forwarding on his router.

Send his wife / daughter trojaned pdf's.

Get a copy of pc-gamer make a duplicate of the disk and install a remote bind shell/vnc in a setup.exe. Repackage it and send it to his house as a freebie.

Be creative!

P.S: you might want to lay down some 'Rules of Engament' before you start this

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234