Thread: Cannot boot back into windows, boot order is fine.

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Cannot boot back into windows, boot order is fine.

I was using backtrack from my built in card reader yesterday and it was working fine. I've used it before and had no problems. Now when I remove it and reboot it continues to attempt to reload backtrack. I've changed the boot order so that windows should load first but it still doesn't work. I've also pressed F12 which allows me to choose what I want to boot. I click my hard drive partition and it still boots backtrack. I don't know what I've done, and I've been searching for a solution here and on google. I've also gone into settings (F2) and reset the bios settings to default.

Thanks for all help!

PS: I'm using an Acer Aspire One.

Quote Originally Posted by raphalos View Post
    I was using backtrack from my built in card reader yesterday and it was working fine. I've used it before and had no problems. Now when I remove it and reboot it continues to attempt to reload backtrack. I've changed the boot order so that windows should load first but it still doesn't work. I've also pressed F12 which allows me to choose what I want to boot. I click my hard drive partition and it still boots backtrack. I don't know what I've done, and I've been searching for a solution here and on google. I've also gone into settings (F2) and reset the bios settings to default.

Thanks for all help!

PS: I'm using an Acer Aspire One.
    These are going to sound silly but, have you:
    1) tried booting without the flash card in the slot?
    2) installed backtrack to your hdd?
    3) looked at your hdd partition to verify from within BT?

If you answer yes to #1, then I think #2 is very likely.

#3 is a sanity: run fdisk on your hdd and type 'p' and hit enter. If the results indicate you've installed backtrack (because your hdd has a linux partition) then you'll probably need to reinstall windows (note: just type 'q' and hit enter without making ANY changes to your hdd).