Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boot issues with new laptop

Just burned his ISO

Question

I have 2 laptops one is an HP dv6874 running win7 ultimate this computer (my old one) has no problems loading BT3 from USB, live final cd and live USB final cd(burned to dvd disk)

using the same cd's i am unable to boot on my new laptop i get as far as selecting the boot type (kde, flux...etc...) then nothing.

my new laptop is an HP Dv7-3080ca running an intel i7 Quad 720, 6gb ddr3 and an nvidia Geforce GT 230M

unfortionatly i cand figure out what the problem is... if anyone has had this issue or has a workaround for this i would apreciate it.

thanks.

if it helps any i can post more specific hardware specs as im leaning toward an usupported piece wether it be vid card or motherboard and such.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Don't bump your threads especially on the same day. If someone knows the answer they will post and help you, in the meantime it might be a good idea to start doing some experiments and research on your own. Then post and update the appropriate information.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

I'd try enabling acpi=off hack.. This needs to be specified prior to hitting enter upon choosing which wm/de you want to boot.

Just burned his ISO

i had same problem with mine just wait it takes bout 5mins to boot from disk on my hp dv5 laptop i now use flash drive and it boots strait away

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by hatake_kakashi View Post
    I'd try enabling acpi=off hack.. This needs to be specified prior to hitting enter upon choosing which wm/de you want to boot.
    thanks but this being a newbie how would i enable it priror to hitting enter?

Quote Originally Posted by tremo1984 View Post
    i had same problem with mine just wait it takes bout 5mins to boot from disk on my hp dv5 laptop i now use flash drive and it boots strait away
    I am also having this issue with usb key .

**edit**
    CD - BT3Final & BT3-final-usb
    USB BT3Final & BT3-final-usb

using the bt-acpi=off tweak i was able to boot as far as the log in screen . however under all boot options (safe included) i end up with 3 errors

first one i didnt right down (stupid i know) but it was regarding video configuration files detected with no valid configuration
    2. kded ERROR KUniqueApplication Rregistering Failed
    3. kded ERROR Communication Problen with kded, it probobly crashed.

(and no im not trying to bump my own thread just giving the new informatiion as i get it.)

Thanks again guys/gals for all your help.

ps. to tremo1984 i tried the wait it out... left it for 15 mins on 5 of the different boot options over the 4 media options i have and no luck with waiting it out.

Just burned his ISO

have you tried using back track 4 i still got problems off dvd but get instant boot from usb im new to back track aswell and im just learning the basics at the moment

Just burned his ISO

have you tried using back track 4 i still got problems off dvd but get instant boot from usb im new to back track aswell and im just learning the basics at the moment
    well being a newb myself does backtrack 4 have the airmon-ng - arodump and spoonwep aswell? - either way i will try it myself but would really like to get 3 back up and running .

Just burned his ISO

yes it has all the features of back track 3 i think and some more

Just burned his ISO

yes it has all the features of back track 3 i think and some more
    backtrack 4 works perfectly fine - my concern is now that spoonwep and arodump are not there anymore... any information on this or if the comands have just changed?

Just burned his ISO

airodump-ng
    airmon-ng
    aireplay-ng
    aircrack-ng
    these are the command iv been testing my routers with never.
    havent heard of spoon wep
    also if your trying to crack wifi your laptop might support injection mode without patching your drivers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast