Thread: Best Wirless USB N Adapters?

Just burned his ISO

Arrow

Hello Everyone,
    The question I have is what is the best wireless USB N adapter? Basically I want a card that will work with BT4 with little to no configuration besides basic set up. Price really is not an option but I noticed that many of the wireless adapters provided on the WIKI BT HCL:Wireless of "working" USB adapters do not have the functionality of N... and if it is an N then it is not from the list that I am selecting my card. These are the top card choices I had, again I want it to work and primarily support a stable monitoring mode as well as injection capabilities.

ORiNOCO® 802.11 a/b/g/n USB Adapter
    DWA-160 Xtreme N Dual Band USB Adapter
    AWUS050NH IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless USB

Or if Ubiquiti even had some USB cards that might be good.

If you can recommend any of these cards or ones that I have not researched... I would appreciate the second opinion.

Which one of these or other high end wireless USB adapters would support injection?

ORiNOCO® 802.11 a/b/g/n USB Adapter
    DWA-160 Xtreme N Dual Band USB Adapter
    AWUS050NH IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless USB

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

You'd think that someone with such an ub3rl33t n@m3 would be able to use the search function to find an answer to a question that's been asked a hundreds of times before.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

None, because you failed to list the chipsets.

Its like saying which one of these three brands of cars are the fastest:
    - Ferrari
    - Lamborghini
    - Meserati

and yet you fail to list the important information.

(edit) on second thoughts, here:
    CACE Technologies - AirPcap Nx

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

What was wrong with the last thread that you started pretty much about the same thing?

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/new...-adapters.html
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M4573R H4X00R View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    The question I have is what is the best wireless USB N adapter?
    The question I have is why are you breaking the forum rules by making multiple posts on the same subject? Actually that's a rhetorical question. So just stick to the rules you agreed to.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Srry about the new thread, I thought no one was going to read it so I made another one. I found out as much chip-set information as I could.

ORiNOCO® 802.11 a/b/g/n USB Adapter: I could find no specific information on this chip-set.

DWA-160 Xtreme N Dual Band USB Adapter: Ralink chipset

AWUS050NH IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless USB: Ralink RT2770 RT2750

If any of these would work that would be great, but I already know that none of these are Atheros chipsets. Like I said in my first post all I want is the best usb adapter (preferably with N range) that supports injection.

Have you checked the link that I posted? that cace technologies airpcap nx? it should support packet injection and monitor mode, afterall its well developed by a reputable company for high end wireless products, and if you have any issues using it, I'm sure they will be more than happy to assist you.

Otherwise, you should do your own research into finding out which one of those three usb devices will give you the least amount of work into making them more useful to you rather than expecting it to work with rfmon and packet injection with little to no configuration required.

I got one of the Hawking HWU8DD usb dish and i havent looked back its great and all linux o/s dont have any problems with it in my case its great for injection etc etc and does anything i need it to do I strongly recomend getting one of them less hasle than cards and and driver signing etc etc .

Just burned his ISO

I appreciate it, thank you for your help.