Thread: Running BT4 in VirtualBox, trying to connect to a wireless network...

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy Running BT4 in VirtualBox, trying to connect to a wireless network...

I'm trying to connect to a wireless network while running BT4 in VirtualBox, but when I type 'ifconfig -a' there is only 'eth0' and 'lo'. Is BT4 not recognizing my laptop's wireless card? How can I connect to the network?

Are you using a usb wireless card with your virtualbox instance?

If not, remember that Virtualbox is "emulating" a pc... You will not be able to see the host pc's wireless or any other devices for that matter.

If your wireless is usb, start the vm first before plugging it in and make sure you've added a filter for it.

Just burned his ISO

If you have a wireless network card though, you can bridge virtualbox's network card with your real wireless card (in the virtual machine Settings -> Network configure the adapter to Bridged Adapter instead of NAT and choose your wireless card). This way, the eth0 interface in the virtual machine will behave as it were your wlan0 (or something like that) interface in your real machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Melodaf View Post
    If you have a wireless network card though, you can bridge virtualbox's network card with your real wireless card (in the virtual machine Settings -> Network configure the adapter to Bridged Adapter instead of NAT and choose your wireless card). This way, the eth0 interface in the virtual machine will behave as it were your wlan0 (or something like that) interface in your real machine.
    No it is not supporting the wireless extensions and it is not acting like wlan0 but a plain wired network card.

The question has been answered

-> Closed.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá