Thread: new posts and foreign languages

Hybrid View

Good friend of the forums

Default new posts and foreign languages

Hi,

I like that BT is reaching out to groups that don't speak English. BT is a great product and should be available to everyone who wants to use it, regardless of their native language. However I don't read/speak a second language. Is there a way when I click on the new posts link I can set it so I only see posts that are in English?

Thanks,
    I like the bleeding edge, but I don't like blood loss

Quote Originally Posted by bofh28 View Post
    Hi,

I like that BT is reaching out to groups that don't speak English. BT is a great product and should be available to everyone who wants to use it, regardless of their native language. However I don't read/speak a second language. Is there a way when I click on the new posts link I can set it so I only see posts that are in English?

Thanks,
    Not really. You just have to look at the forum a given post is in, before clicking on it.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Not really. You just have to look at the forum a given post is in, before clicking on it.
    This is the best advice. Even though some thread titles are English or use English terms. They can get a bit tricky.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

With all the different language sub-forums here, I personally feel like I'm missing quite a bit of knowledge and learning being exchanged. Increasingly, I'm performing google translations of certain threads that have keywords of things that interest me. Now if G's clunky translation engine would begin making more sense...
    You. Are. Doing. It. Wrong.
    -Gitsnik

Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar

I quite enjoy reading the threads from the other language forums, although not adept in all of them, the German and French I can follow, and with a bit of assistance the Italian..

I have to say though that the moderation of the other forums would appear to be less strict than here..

Default Re:

What I've noticed is that they use English titles, but when you read the posting, it's in German. I think that would be a lot easier to separate English postings from the other languages, if they stuck to the German language (or French, Italian or whatever).
    Maybe when they read the rules of the forum, there should be something telling them to stick to their language, just to help the English speaking members out when searching.

Quote Originally Posted by kidFromBigD View Post
    With all the different language sub-forums here, I personally feel like I'm missing quite a bit of knowledge and learning being exchanged. Increasingly, I'm performing google translations of certain threads that have keywords of things that interest me. Now if G's clunky translation engine would begin making more sense...
    The translation it fine, it's the grammatical differences between languages that trip it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    The translation it fine, it's the grammatical differences between languages that trip it up.
    Translation will fail because of a lack of grammar, that is, if the non-English forums are at all like the English forums.