Thread: Hacking with a 3G connection

Just burned his ISO

Default Hacking with a 3G connection

None of my tools are working after I switched to a 3G connection from a DSL one. Cain and Abel's sniffer, Metasploit, even NMAP scanner. I've been trying to get it to work all day long and I'm totally frustrated now.

Any help would be appreciated.

What kind of setup do you have? your post lacks details.
    This is the sixth time we have created a thread about it... and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by g3ksan View Post
    It's on my laptop running Windows 7. The 3G device is a Huawei E180.

What else do you need to know?

Quote Originally Posted by g3ksan View Post
    Windows 7. The 3G device is a Huawei E180.

What else do you need to know?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Do not double post.
    All of your threads must be approved for your first 3 days.
    This is one of the rules you should know, since you did just agree to them.
    Thanks.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

What are you trying to do exactly? What are you trying to target? What does "not working" mean exactly? (what errors are you getting, what is not happening, etc)
    This is the sixth time we have created a thread about it... and we have become exceedingly efficient at it.

Just burned his ISO

@archangel.amael

Sorry about that. I thought I had mistakenly closed the tab before submitting. I didn't read the followup wait-for-moderator-to-approve-message.

@g3ksan

For instance, here's the error message I get when scanning with NMAP:

Starting Nmap 5.10BETA1 at 2009-12-14 14:54

NSE: Loaded 35 scripts for scanning.

Initiating Ping Scan at 14:54

Scanning xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx [8 ports]

WARNING: Using raw sockets because ppp2 is not an ethernet device. This probably won't work on Windows.

pcap_open_live(ppp2, 100, 0, 2) FAILED. Reported error: Error opening adapter: The system cannot find the device specified. (20). Will wait 5 seconds then retry.

pcap_open_live(ppp2, 100, 0, 2) FAILED. Reported error: Error opening adapter: The system cannot find the device specified. (20). Will wait 25 seconds then retry.

Call to pcap_open_live(ppp2, 100, 0, 2) failed three times. Reported error: Error opening adapter: The system cannot find the device specified. (20)

There are several possible reasons for this, depending on your operating system:

LINUX: If you are getting Socket type not supported, try modprobe af_packet or recompile your kernel with SOCK_PACKET enabled.

*BSD: If you are getting device not configured, you need to recompile your kernel with Berkeley Packet Filter support. If you are getting No such file or directory, try creating the device (eg cd /dev; MAKEDEV <device>; or use mknod).

*WINDOWS: Nmap only supports ethernet interfaces on Windows for most operations because Microsoft disabled raw sockets as of Windows XP SP2. Depending on the reason for this error, it is possible that the --unprivileged command-line argument will help.

SOLARIS: If you are trying to scan localhost or the address of an interface and are getting '/dev/lo0: No such file or directory' or 'lo0: No DLPI device found', complain to Sun. I don't think Solaris can support advanced localhost scans. You can probably use "-PN -sT localhost" though.

QUITTING!

Developer

This is a forum to support Backtrack Linux. We do not help people diagnose Windows problems.