Thread: Dell TrueMobile 1150 + BT3

Just burned his ISO

Default Dell TrueMobile 1150 + BT3

I been having some problems with getting my Dell TrueMobile 1150. I had tried to use my HP Mini 1000 Netbook wireless and that is pretty much impossible.

The situation is as follows:

PC: IBM Thinkpad T30 - No Hard drive
    Backtrack 3Final is loaded on a USB with persistent changes saving.
    Wireless Card: Dell TrueMobile 1150 PCMCIA
    h00p://linux-wless.passys.nl/query_part.php?brandname=Dell
    replace h00p with http

I did load the kernel headers.

I been looking to see what i have been missing but i haven't found anything on google. I did a search here in the forums and the only response i saw was use BT2 but I really want to use BT3 since it took me forever to do the persistent changes.

iwconfig shows

lo - no wireless ext
    eth0 - no wireless ext
    eth1 - ieee 802.11-ds
    wifi0 - ieee 802.11-ds

However the Truemobile 1150 has no status light and even ethernet doesnt work.

Before only ifconfig before only showed lo but after doing ifconfig eth1 up and ifconfig wifi0 up they show up but no change. No internetz

Any help would be appreciated (I am new to linux). If more information is needed please let me know.

Paste your dmesg output. Also post your FCC ID (visible on the card) as well as specifying which voltages does it require (should be printed on the card itself).

Just burned his ISO

First Off thanks for the help.

Ill Work on getting the dmesg to this forum because right now the internet is not working at all on that system. I am trying to paste the contents into a editor program and then bring the usb to my Windows box. If you know a easier way please let me know so far the editors files cannot be read in windows.

The FCCID is IMRWLPCE2411R
    5V and 16 Boxes are checked so i am guessing those are the voltages.

Just burned his ISO

I got the ethernet to work magically so here is the dmesg output:

Since it was so big i had to use pastbin

h00p://pastebin.com/m16a42c43

(replace h00p with http)

Ok there's no need for dmesg info. It seems as though you have a really old card. Lucent/Agere Orinoco based chipset. I believe eth1 would be the interface.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by hatake_kakashi View Post
    Ok there's no need for dmesg info. It seems as though you have a really old card. Lucent/Agere Orinoco based chipset. I believe eth1 would be the interface.
    Now that we have the chipset (Lucent/Agere Orinoco chipset) I was trying to figure out why it wasn't showing up any ap. I tried loading the chipset but it said it existed to my surprised. I rebooted again and i was able to see my linksys. It must of been something i did or something up with my AP but nevertheless thank you for your help and input.

I'm presuming that temporary problem could be related to the way how the firmware/driver handles the AP discovery. It may take a bit of time for it to show up some APs via iwlist ethX scanning.

Also the chipset I hope you are aware can only do 802.11b, that is because its an old chipset with ancient radio. However those chipset were the `bomb' along with intersil prism (prism being far more popular due to their openness) before atheros, et. al came about.