Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best USB Wifi card !!!

Question Best USB Wifi card !!!

Hi there to you all

So I'm using backtrack on VM and i need a good USB Wifi card to work with.
    And I'm asking for your help to chose one.

Witch card is the best (working aout of the box) in your opinion with backtrack4 ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Wrong area to post your thread in, should be in bt4 general area or newbie area.

Sorry for that .. Moderator please move my post ...

EDITED BY Fancy: Thread moved. Cheers, Fancy

There's no best overall wifi device. Every chipset is good and bad in their own ways. Also you need to be more specific. You can't just say I want a computer so give me the best one.

For wireless, do you want 802.11N capability? do you want MIMO capability? do you want high power? are you on a budget? do you want ones that can work with other OS/platforms such as *BSD, windows, etc?

I was looking on the site of backtrack the compatibility, with backtrack and aircrack-ng.
    Money is not the poblem. As I sad some keys are not able to inject packages etc... that's why i was asking so may be some one can tel me if he's using a good key witch works on backtrack "OUT OF THE BOX" so i can use it with aircrack-ng and to hav all the options that the program offers. So i chowse this one :

TP-Link TL-WN321G

* Driver : rt73
    * Chipset : Ralink Technology, Corp. RT2501USB Wireless Adapter
    * Notice : At first I plugged this in to my computer,and it didn't work. airodump-ng rausb0 showed no APs detected. Updating to the latest driver made this work. Once I got this card working, it detected more AP's than my WMP54G and my Netgear WG111v2, injected as well as either, but did not report Power properly.

scottsee

alfa 500mW

If you're looking for a better alternative than TP-Link I suggest what scottsee said (Alfa AWUS036H) or I'd get Alfa AWUS036S (also known as Hawking HWUG1, Edimax EW-7318USg and other alias). These dongles would have a minimum capability of being able to attach various antennas which is very handy for various things unlike the TP-Link and the aformentioned manufacturers seems to be more reliable with their model number, model version naming than TP-Link.

Quote Originally Posted by hatake_kakashi View Post
    If you're looking for a better alternative than TP-Link I suggest what scottsee said (Alfa AWUS036H) or I'd get Alfa AWUS036S (also known as Hawking HWUG1, Edimax EW-7318USg and other alias). These dongles would have a minimum capability of being able to attach various antennas which is very handy for various things unlike the TP-Link and the aformentioned manufacturers seems to be more reliable with their model number, model version naming than TP-Link.
    Thanks a lot for your help... Can you give me a good link where i can buy it ?

Thanks a lot guys

If you google search you will find plenty, or just jump on fleabay (ebay)

Ok so after some reserche on the net i found this one :
    amazon.fr/EW-7318USg-Cl%C3%83%C2%A9USB2-WI-FI-antenne-d%C3%83%C2%A9tachable/dp/B000NNSY7K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1260815433&sr =1-1

Is it the one ??
    Cause I rely want to be sure before I buy it

Thanks a lot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast