Thread: Customizing BT manually

Just burned his ISO

Default Customizing BT manually

Is there any way to customize BTPF iso manually? The script i downloaded from offensive-security didnt really work (came up with errors) so I was wondering if you could run a VM off of the iso and update/install apps that way.

Did you try following the video tutorial posted?

http://www.offensive-security.com/bl...-the-easy-way/

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by d@rkfe@r
    The script i downloaded from offensive-security didnt really work
    Yes I have as I stated this in my post.

Read the text posts on the Offsec blog, and read through the script to see how it works. You should be able to get it working with that information...
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

I have lupin and I made my own script that kind of gets the job done but when ever i do apt-get install it always says dpkg is in use but its not in the process list.

Quote Originally Posted by d@rkfe@r View Post
    I have lupin and I made my own script that kind of gets the job done but when ever i do apt-get install it always says dpkg is in use but its not in the process list.
    That also happens when you have any other package manager open or when the dpkg database is otherwise deemed to be locked. Make sure you have chrooted yourself correctly and have a search of Google for a solution.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Ok lupin. Ill give that a shot when I get home from work today. Ill let you know how it goes.

Just burned his ISO

Well after taking a look at the code it expects the iso to be "bt4-pre-final.iso" not "bt4.iso" like the video says. I ran across a few bumps but it works now.

Just burned his ISO

Ran across same bumps, Ironically it's looking for the default, so those too lazy to read the post are better off than those who did xD