Thread: Palm Pixi Plus

Just burned his ISO

Default Palm Pixi Plus

I saw a commercial for this phone Palm USA | Palm Pixi Plus Phone | Features, Details and wondered to myself about the mifi feature on the phone. my question is do you think it would be possible to exploit or modify the phone to maybe Man in the middle, or something interesting like that.

Default Re: Palm Pixi Plus

Ben Kenobi to JBueltman: "These are not the forums you are looking for."

How does this have anything to do with BackTrack?

As far as I read in your posted link, I'm assuming what you're curious about is the "Create a Wi-Fi hotspot wherever you are" section.

But as far as I can see, this Palm doesn't run a 32 bit processor, nor is it Intel or AMD compat. So there's next to 0 chance of you running BT on it...
    Last edited by xX_Spiidey_Xx; 03-18-2010 at 03:28 AM.
    thou shalt treat all computers as thou wouldst treat thyself, for thou art the creator of thine own problems.

Quote Originally Posted by xX_Spiidey_Xx View Post
    Maybe OP wants to exploit the Pixi with BT? But, I don't like to make assumptions that posts are relevant until proven
    Common Knowledge: Username, "root". Password, "toor". "startx" gives you a GUI, and "fix-vesa" will fix BT if you have no GUI. Start networking with "/etc/init.d/networking start" and check your IP settings with "ifconfig -a". "dhclient" will automatically use DHCP for your IP. Google is your friend.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

For the record, the Pixi runs WebOS which is based on a monolithic Linux kernel, supporting loadable and un-loadable modules at runtime. While, again, this has nothing to do with BT4, it basically is an embedded variant of linux. It supports Javascript and CSS so JBueltman, it should be exploitable as most everything is. I'm just back from college and picked one up and will be toying with it soon. Oh, and it is 32 bit ARM architecture.
    I may have been born with a silver spoon in my mouth but it does not mean I like to be spoon fed.

Just burned his ISO

Ben Kenobi to JBueltman: "These are not the forums you are looking for."

I apologize i didnt know where to put this question but i figured the closest would be the beginners forums im sorry i didnt realize we werent allowed to ask non-backtrack questions on the forums but id like to thank anyone who posted constructive input into the question ty