Thread: Dlink dir-635 open source firmware?

Question Dlink dir-635 open source firmware?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if there was an open source firmware for the dlink dir-635 that allows me to use my router for injection.
    Something like the dd-wrt firmware, which doesn't seem to be compatible with my router...

Or if it would be possible to make it work with my router...

Thanks

Exactly why would you want your router to be able to do packet injection? Why can't you simplify it to the point of which you use your own laptop (or purchase one if you don't have it) and use that instead?

thx for the answer,

for one i'd like to play around with the firmware, be it with or without packet injection.

and two, I suppose if you could use a router as a capture/injection device you'd get a great range.

Quote Originally Posted by haxxord View Post
    thx for the answer,

for one i'd like to play around with the firmware, be it with or without packet injection.

and two, I suppose if you could use a router as a capture/injection device you'd get a great range.
    Forget the DIR-635. Get a WRT54G (preferably v2, if you can find one) or the WRT54GL. Then you can use any one of several alternative firmwares, and you can use it for a packet capture source for kismet.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

thx alot, was hoping to be able to pach this router up, but i'll have a look for the wrt54g(l)

thx