Thread: asus 1005HA no network with BT4

Just burned his ISO

Hi everyone!

Sorry about language mistakes I may do.

I have asus 1005HA with ubuntu netbook 9.10 on it, and everything works perfect.

When I boot from my usb with Backtrack 4, I have network problems.

on startup I do:

#/etc/init.d/wicd start (everything ok)
    #startx (everything ok too)

when I try to connect to my wireless network, it start authentications and stuff, and stucks there. in about a minute it stops trying and I have no connection.

at the other side, the wired connection seems dead. #ifconfig doesn't return eth0 or something and pluging the network cable makes no diference.

notice: I had the same problem even when I had BT4 installed on the hard disk.

thanks for your time!

Hi everyone!

I have asus 1005HA with ubuntu netbook 9.10 on it, and everything works perfect.

on startup I do:

when I try to connect to my wireless network, it start authentications and stuff, and stucks there. in about a minute it stops trying and I have no connection.

at the other side, the wired connection seems dead. #ifconfig doesn't return eth0 or something and pluging the network cable makes no diference.

thanks for your time!

Hi everyone!

on startup I do:

thanks for your time!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Please post in the correct section the BT 4 tutorial and how to section is not for your questions.

EDIT: You already have a thread with the same topic.
    Double posting is not needed or helpful.

You defiantly need to re-read the rules.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

The same question has been asked three times on the same thread. I wonder what sort of attention seeking mechanism has been sort there when it would just tire the eyes of the reader and in a few cases the helper?

Can't you simply ask once and wait? must you be impatient, repeat your question three times in one thread, post it in the wrong area and then double post it into another area?

As for the question on hand, you are being vague, where is your lspci and lspci -n output? (also lspci -k) where is your ifconfig -a/iwconfig output? Last but not least where are the relvant outputs from dmesg?