Thread: metasploit and oci8

Just burned his ISO

Default metasploit and oci8

Using msfconsole in updated backtrack 4 pre-final.

msf > db_autopwn -t -p
    [-] Error while running command db_autopwn: The oci8 module is not available!

Call stack:
    /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/msf/core/exploit/oracle.rb:36:in `rescue in initialize'
    /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/msf/core/exploit/oracle.rb:32:in `initialize'
    (eval):35:in `initialize'
    /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/msf/ui/console/command_dispatcher/db.rb:351:in `new'
    /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/msf/ui/console/command_dispatcher/db.rb:351:in `block (2 levels) in cmd_db_autopwn'
    /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/msf/core/module_manager.rb:230:in `call'
    /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/msf/core/module_manager.rb:230:in `block in each_module_list'
    /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/msf/core/module_manager.rb:203:in `each'
    /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/msf/core/module_manager.rb:203:in `each_module_list'
    /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/msf/core/module_manager.rb:120:in `each_module'
    /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/msf/ui/console/command_dispatcher/db.rb:350:in `block in cmd_db_autopwn'
    /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/msf/ui/console/command_dispatcher/db.rb:348:in `each'
    /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/msf/ui/console/command_dispatcher/db.rb:348:in `cmd_db_autopwn'
    /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:235:in `run_command'
    /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:197:in `block in run_single'
    /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:192:in `each'
    /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/rex/ui/text/dispatcher_shell.rb:192:in `run_single'
    /opt/metasploit3/msf3/lib/rex/ui/text/shell.rb:144:in `run'
    /opt/metasploit3/msf3/msfconsole:92:in `<main>'
    I can't for the life of me figure out what oci8 it's looking for. I've got ruby-oci8 installed, and a complete oracleclient. I appologize if this is something easy, I'm just getting started with metasploit.

Just burned his ISO

Default Same here.

I got a very similar error message however it must be a problem with Metasploit and not Backtrack as I stumbled upon this error in Windows on 2 different machines after running the update command.

im getting the same problem, but im using ubuntu tho.
    I would rather be hated for what i am,
    Then loved for what i am not.

This is not the best place to post bugs about msf .. you should be reporting these to hdm via the website as he will be ontop of a fix faster than i cant type pronz.com

Anyways quick fix for this if it hasn't been patched yet.

cp /pentest/exploits/framework3/lib/msf/core/exploit/oracle.rb /pentest/exploits/framework3/lib/msf/core/exploit/oracle.rb.bak
    sed -i '/raise RuntimeError/# raise RuntimeError/' /pentest/exploits/framework3/lib/msf/core/exploit/oracle.rb
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.