Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Backtrack bugs **Realy awfull**

Just burned his ISO

If I need internet to reboot my laptop than its pwnage coz laptop = internet from wifi. And about the mount thing. Could u explain me how to mount and what to do after each reboot and so on? I whould apreciate that.
    And I want to get BT because its the only linux wich is actualy linux. I have tried ubuntu and it seemed like windows to me not to mention the difficulty controling files. So yeah I want bt it seems a cool OS and I want to try it out to enchant my knowledge. They only way to learn swim is to swim in deep waters. If I stick with windows I aint getting anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by D4n1s View Post
    If I need internet to reboot my laptop than its pwnage coz laptop = internet from wifi.
    Huh? No you don't need the Internet to reboot a laptop with BackTrack...

And about the mount thing. Could u explain me how to mount and what to do after each reboot and so on? I whould apreciate that.
    To learn about how mount works:
    Code:
    man mount
    Really though, Googling for "linux mount" would have told you everything you needed to know. Please don't tell me we need to hand hold you every time someone brings up a topic thats unfamiliar to you.

And I want to get BT because its the only linux wich is actualy linux.
    Ummm, no, all Linuxes are Linux.

I have tried ubuntu and it seemed like windows to me not to mention the difficulty controling files. So yeah I want bt it seems a cool OS and I want to try it out to enchant my knowledge.
    You didnt look hard enough into Ubuntu then. It isn't like Windows at all.

They only way to learn swim is to swim in deep waters.
    Actually thats pretty much the worst way you could possibly choose to learn how to swim. Because of the risk of drowning.

The best way to learn ANYTHING is to do it incrementally. Start off with something easy, then move to something slightly more difficult once you have mastered it. Starting with something thats way too difficult for you will not help you grasp the concepts you need to learn.

Really, pick up Ubuntu again and have a go at administering it from the command line. You need Linux skills before you can work with BackTrack and Ubuntu is a great way to learn them. It may even help clear up some of the baffling misconceptions you seem to have about Linux. Your impression that its just like Windows will disappear pretty quickly once you actually start looking under the covers.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

I realy apreciate ur help and thx for ur advise. But I am just wondering expect the source part of a linux wich is lighter etc etc the only dif between windows and linux is the terminal command? And when u say learn linux u mean learn terminal commands? Further more so far from that few experience I had with ubuntu I understanded that its an OS that focus on other things than file managemnt. Like I said I had terible problems like I was able to run and install adobe flash the one time and like the other time when I tried to re-install it I didnt had the permision. Such things are awfull.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

No we are not going to do any of that for you, and here's why. First of all most of us do not have the time. Second most of us have jobs and or families.
    Third why should we bother to help you when it appears you do not want to listen to any of the advice that has been thus far given. It makes no sense for me to set here and tell you how to mount a partition in linux when there are thousands upon thousands of pages showing how to do this. If you have a specific problem with BT and you have used all resources available to you ( by all I mean literally all of them) then make a post in this thread with the details of said problem and maybe we can help you. Otherwise there is no point. Here is a set of basic resources to help get you going.
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/new...ad-thread.html

Good luck.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12