Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backtrack bugs **Realy awfull**

Just burned his ISO

Default Backtrack bugs **Realy awfull**

Hello
    First of all I am new to your forum community. However I been using backtrack
    for like few months into my main computer.
    I tried to install backtrack into my laptop. My laptop model is HP Pavlion dv6000.
    At first I tried installing it through a usb stick but than after many fail attempts.
    I burned it into a DVD. I had some awfull unexplained error during the install of
    backtrack. Someof them were that startx command didnt worked. I was getting
    some kind of screen error but than I conected to the internet download drivers
    and installed them and than startx command worked.
    However during the instalitation I had some problems. The error that poped up
    when I runed the install was "You don't have supported language" Or something like that and gave me 3 options, retry, continiue anyway, quit. I tried retry a few times and than I continiued anyway. After completing the instalitation I restarted my computer so I could reboot using harddisk. While the backtrack was starting and the loading was going just fine it asked me for a username and password. I can type just like fine into the username field but when I press enter and I am about to type into password field non key of my keyboard work, the only one is enter. And after pressing enter I can type again like normaly. Well I believe this is some kind of bug wich is because my laptop is not supported. if you wanna specs of my laptop here is a review pcmech.com/article/hp-pavilion-dv6000-notebook-HP
    About the password thing I believe that the charachters been used so the charachters I press to get hide are unicode not supported by my laptop.
    Any ideas?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D4n1s View Post
    Hello
    First of all I am new to your forum community. However I been using backtrack
    for like few months into my main computer.
    I tried to install backtrack into my laptop. My laptop model is HP Pavlion dv6000.
    At first I tried installing it through a usb stick but than after many fail attempts.
    I burned it into a DVD. I had some awfull unexplained error during the install of
    backtrack. Someof them were that startx command didnt worked. I was getting
    some kind of screen error but than I conected to the internet download drivers
    and installed them and than startx command worked.
    However during the instalitation I had some problems. The error that poped up
    when I runed the install was "You don't have supported language" Or something like that and gave me 3 options, retry, continiue anyway, quit. I tried retry a few times and than I continiued anyway. After completing the instalitation I restarted my computer so I could reboot using harddisk. While the backtrack was starting and the loading was going just fine it asked me for a username and password. I can type just like fine into the username field but when I press enter and I am about to type into password field non key of my keyboard work, the only one is enter. And after pressing enter I can type again like normaly. Well I believe this is some kind of bug wich is because my laptop is not supported. if you wanna specs of my laptop here is a review pcmech.com/article/hp-pavilion-dv6000-notebook-HP
    About the password thing I believe that the charachters been used so the charachters I press to get hide are unicode not supported by my laptop.
    Any ideas?
    Actually all of what you consider a bug is your lack of knowledge.
    I have a HPdv600 and it works just fine with BT3 and 4. Furthermore the language problem in the installer is well documented and if you would have searched around a bit you would know that you only need hit the "continue anyway" button and all will work just fine. The "problem" you have with the keyboard is not a problem, again this information is widely available in the linux community. The password field looks blank for security reasons.
    So if you have any real errors then it would be wise to actually post said error message and or the relevant information as opposed to second hand types of info, as it will help us to help you.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Ok I guess its my lack of knoweldge however my ATI driver is not supported by backtrack. so each time I log in I will have to update my pc?

Again you need to use the search function, because there is a guide on ati drivers.
    Furthermore it might behoove you to use an easier distro, considering that BT is not for the beginner.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    Back|Track Wiki

Just burned his ISO

I searched over google, I searched over the forum and all the solutions I found didnt worked. I am atm on my laptops log in page there where I am asked for log in and password. After loging in I dont have permision neither to apt-get neither to do anything else I cant conect to internet and I am stuck... Also I have to add that when I searched over the ATI thing the search reasults poped me all posts that had a word with ati inside so I had to limit search results to ati catalyst. However if you know anything tell me. I cant find out and I am stucked thx in advance and sorry for posting again and again.

backtrack 4 is based on ubuntu 8.10 go search for "ati ubuntu 8.10"... the ubuntu forums have this solution well documented....

I searched over google, I searched over the forum and all the solutions I found didnt worked. I am atm on my laptops log in page there where I am asked for log in and password. After loging in I dont have permision neither to apt-get neither to do anything else I cant conect to internet and I am stuck... Also I have to add that when I searched over the ATI thing the search reasults poped me all posts that had a word with ati inside so I had to limit search results to ati catalyst. However if you know anything tell me. I cant find out and I am stucked thx in advance and sorry for posting again and again.
    So you followed this guide by KMDave ?

Further more are you root?
    Or are you trying to do things with a user?
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    Back|Track Wiki

Linux-101, apt needs root access, so you'll need to do a sudo apt-get.

Just burned his ISO

I am trying to do all that as a normal user, I tried loging in as root but I dont know the password, I tried toor and my user password and nothing happend.
    I read the guide u just send me and I read it before you send it to me, and as I said I didnt had access to do any of these, now with the sudo nothing happen just a bunch of errors wich ask me to apt-get update. Ok its realy confusing, if each time I open my laptop wich is protable and its portable to take it to any place with me I have to conect to internet download updates and run a bunch of commands in order to make my os work corectly than.... its kinda weird. However if it doesnt require any network downloading I dont mind just typing a bunch of commands but what gets me nevrous is that it needs to download some files. And if it happens to be a developer and this problem is so old why dont u fix it? As I saw there are many ppl out there having trouble.

just an idea, is there anyway to mount the drivers into hard disk and just read them from there?

(Woops forgot to say that after doing all that with conecting to internet updates and driver install it works fine but is it neccecary?)

I am trying to do all that as a normal user,
    There's your problem.

I tried loging in as root but I dont know the password, I tried toor and my user password and nothing happend.
    That's not the password.

I read the guide u just send me and I read it before you send
    it to me, and as I said I didnt had access to do any of these, now with the sudo nothing happen just a bunch of errors wich ask me to apt-get update. Ok its realy confusing, if each time I open my laptop wich is protable and its portable to take it to any place with me I have to conect to internet download updates and run a bunch of commands in order to make my os work corectly than.... its kinda weird. However if it doesnt require any network downloading I dont mind just typing a bunch of commands but what gets me nevrous is that it needs to download some files.
    See my first post again!

And if it happens to be a developer and this problem is so old why dont u fix it? As I saw there are many ppl out there having trouble.
    Again it is your lack of knowledge that makes you ask these questions and as such all of them have been answered before.
    just an idea, is there anyway to mount the drivers into hard disk and just read them from there?
    Yes there is #man mount in a shell will get you started.

(Woops forgot to say that after doing all that with conecting to internet updates and driver install it works fine but is it neccecary?)
    [/QUOTE] Yes it probably is necessary.

Now let me ask you a question, why do you want to use BT in the first place?
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    Back|Track Wiki

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast