Thread: NeXpose, WarVOX and a few things.

Default NeXpose, WarVOX and a few things.

NeXpose and WarVOX under the Metasploit project would be worthy tools to integrate into Backtrack.

NeXpose under the Community project is open under Rapid7, so it would only require that each person sign up for their Community copy to get a key.

And while it's on my mind, considering that the new Backtrack is composed of an Ubuntu kernel, if that could be updated through the Remote Exploit repositories, or directly linked to let's say, the Karmic repositories so that we can have kernel updates as they come along.

Some seamless integration for NVIDIA drivers and CUDA have been in progress, but making the install painless in the repositories would be excellent.

Developer

For one HD. Moore is one of our developers so everything Metasploit related is being worked on due to their new licensing.

We are working to update the kernel via repositories. We use ubuntu 8.10 and are sticking with it for now. We build our own kernels so we cannot use the upstream kernel.

I have not had a Distro yet that did not require you to rebuild the nvidia drivers every time you update.

I do however appreciate the input.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    I have not had a Distro yet that did not require you to rebuild the nvidia drivers every time you update.
    Me either, and it is a pain in the @#$. Well not so much a pain but time consuming.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

NVIDIA drivers worked like heaven in Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala. I was surprised that they installed without me having to manually do a single thing, and they worked for CUDA as well as pyrit, all of which I had to compile myself, sadly.

I have been using NeXpose and I love it, however it gave me some problems because Java in Backtrack needs some fixing. But it just decided this morning that it didn't want to start up and is now giving me some dependency problems, which I'll fix later.

WarVOX is a nice tool, I haven't had the chance to actually use it, because you have to set up a provider, etc, and I'm not in the mood for that, but it would be an excellent addition to Backtrack.

I think I'd also suggest some native KDE 4 support. Granted I know KDE 3 has stability, but I have been wanting to try out KDE 4 with Backtrack for kicks, so at least adding it in the repositories would be a nice thing.