This is a TUT on installing openoffice 3.1.1 on BT4. Please comment if you need any assistance and hopefully I can help you out. I wrote each step as I performed it so do not forget to do any steps and do not jump ahead and you should be fine!

**BEFORE YOU START**
Make sure that all previous versions of OpenOffice have been completely removed. Do this through the Synaptics Package Manager, and Add/Remove Package Manager found in the "K Menu" under "System".

- Get the install file from -
hxxp://download.openoffice.org/other.html#tested-full]download: OpenOffice.org - Download tested and stable builds

I used the linux 32bit .DEB version in ENGLISH(us)
**Filenames May Change if you use a different language version so use the DIR command if you think this is the case**

Step 1 - Type the following:
Code:
 $ su
Step 2 - Now type the following:
Code:
$ sudo tar -xvf OOo_3.1.1_LinuxIntel_install_en-US_deb.tar.gz
Step 3 - Now type in the following:
Code:
$cd OOO310_m19_native_packed-1_en-US.9420
Step 4 - Now type in the following:
Code:
$cd DEBS
Step 5 - Now type in the following:
Code:
$sudo dpkg -i *.deb
Step 6 - Now type in the following:
Code:
$cd desktop-integration
Step 7 - Now type in the following:
Code:
$sudo dpkg -i *.deb
Step 8 - If prompted enter your password

Step 9 - type exit and you should no longer be using su

Step 10 - Open a console and type the following:
Code:
$openoffice.org3
Step 11 - If not working, try a reboot. This worked for me, but I think I fudged up somewhere and it was just a formality, maybe I forget to exit su or something.

You should be up and running!

**Bonus**
There is a script in the DEBS folder that you can run to do your update from the console. Just type ./update from the DEBS directory before you exit su in Step 9 if you want, or you can do it through the OpenOffice UI prefer.

**Not So Bonus**
This is suppossed to add program icons on your K menu but I haven't figured out how to do that other than manually as the install is not working right. Of course I didn't really try too hard as I have other jobs to do like please my overbearing lawyer client who wants her marketing campaign status report...

Good Luck!

jb