Thread: hiding files in slack spaces

Just burned his ISO

Default hiding files in slack spaces

Hi!

I need your assitance please on hiding files on slack spaces i have tried to hide files using slacker anti-forensic tool i have been doing on my VMware machine for my forensic assignment, but i wasnt successful here is what i have done.

And my VMware is running windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop>slacker -s polio.pdf c:My Documents 1 c:\Winter.jpg -d -n

prowl3r

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Hi!

I need your assitance please on hiding files on slack spaces i have tried to hide files using slacker anti-forensic tool i have been doing on my VMware machine for my forensic assignment, but i wasnt successful here is what i have done.

And my VMware is running windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop>slacker -s polio.pdf c:\"My Documents" 1 c:\Winter.jpg missingpassword -d -n
    assuming "My Documents" is in c:\

Next time, please google it harder.

Just burned his ISO

Why are you using tools?? you can do this without tools.. to hide information with the ADS try typing:

type c:\hidden.txt > c:\normal.txt:hidden.txt

or you can also use a binary copy:

copy /b safe.jpg + bad.exe safe1.jpg

Just burned his ISO

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop>slacker -s polio.pdf c:\"My Documents" 1 c:\Winter.jpg missingpassword -d -n

The problem is, i dont understand the drive C: means specifying the path what does it mean.

Then the metadata which fo my case is c:\winter.jpg

Trust me i googled it hard to come up with that, if you have any useful link i'll be glad to use it.

To WickedClown

I have already used the alternate data stream, but i want to use the slacker application. Though im very greatful to your assistance

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

prowl3r has already pointed out what you're doing wrong. This isn't a windows support forum. If you don't know what a C:\ Drive is then maybe you shouldn't be working with alternate data streams and go back to learning the basics. How do you expect to learn advanced file manipulation techniques when you don't even know what file locations are?

I don't believe this is for any class. It looks like you made your best attempt to copy and paste commands you found somewhere on the net. This isn't acceptable. RTFM

As already mentioned, this is not a Windows support forum.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.