Thread: any update on the aircrack-ng cuda

Hybrid View

Default any update on the aircrack-ng cuda

I have been trying some what to get aircrack cuda to work on my laptop. It has a compatible gpu, Havn't spent much time playing around.

now my i7 rig will be getting at least 3 300 series cards and I would like to take full advantage of the 3 any maybe step up to 7 cards with a diffrent motherboard.

has anyone found out when it may be ready or if it is being worked on?

one more question.
    I am thinking I should be able to but
    using crunch to passthrough to aircrack-ng with cuda suport for aircrack?

Developer

Aircrack-ng cuda is very slow. You should be using pyrit. It works fine on the i7 and as long as the nvidia drivers for linux work with the 300 series cards there is no reason why they wouldnt work.

There is no mobo that would support 7 double space 300 series cards. I have a little bit of experience in this matter. There are a few boards which support 4 cards but i advise against it for 2 reasons.

Heat - the heat generated by these cards in massive. I have my server totally gutted running 3 cards with a wall of 4 fans where the cd drive and the hard drives go and its still hot.

Power - adding a 4th card requires a extra power supply. You have to remember that at max output the 295 gtx gulps 300 watts per card so with 4 cards you have already maxed out a 1200 watt PSU.

Just a few of my experiences

You might want to ask on the aircrack-ng forums what the status is on aircrack-ng cuda.

In any event, here is the link to the svn version:

svn - Revision 1623: /branch/aircrack-ng-cuda

However, you might as well as use the latest svn version of pyrit. It has many new features. The passthough works fine with cowpatty and egan made a patch for aircrack-ng to utilize the passthrough with pyrit, he also made new patches for cowpatty which increase the efficiency for detecting handshakes in a capture file.

Links:

Index of /~edgan/hash/hash

Index of /~edgan/cowpatty

Developer

Zermelo, actually none of that stuff is needed anymore. ebfe utilized Edgans method in pyrit and now pyrit does all the cracking. No longer a need for cowpatty. Its much more efficient now.

thought that was comming in 2.5? So with 2.4 I can have cruch generate a wordlist then pass it to pyrit to generate the hash and crack?

now I have seen some mb that can handle 8 dual slot gpu's but you have to get at least 1 tesla to get the board. Thatis when I found the evga 4-way sli board. it has 7 x16 single slot but you could take the fan off, go water cooling and then fit 7 gpu's in there.

EDIT: ok my bad min 4 tesla's. it would be a perfect solution 8 300 that can be rackmounted.

Just burned his ISO

I really wouldn't recommend anything more than 3 cards in parallel... Even the 3rd card has a marginal increase in all cases .... 3 cards doesn't mean 3x the power... it's more or less 2.4x. Not to mention pureh@te pretty much was spot-on with his reasons as well.