Thread: SSLstrip Issue

Just burned his ISO

Default SSLstrip Issue

Hey guys.
    Ive spent the last week trying to configure and get my sslstrip to work properly without bringing the network traffic to a standstill. Ive followed all the steps to a tee; Switching into port forwarding mode, forwarding the ports, running sslstrip, and using ettercap to route the traffic and still it isn't fast enough to be practical. Also, most of the pages when they load will load blank or take minutes to load. I figured the problem was probably in the python or perhaps the sslstrip scrip. So I tried updating both sslstrip from 0.1 to version 0.6 and then updating python and its dependents to 2.6.3 and that did not help.
    So was just curious of anyone had any insight into where my issue was?

You're probably trying to sniff the whole network. If that's the case, then it is a normal behavior.

I am not very sure, but I think python isn't the right language for real time applications. I also have notice that v0.1 is faster than v0.6. ( In BT4PF) Even if at sslstrip's changelog says:
    Changes in 0.5 (9/11/09)
    * Switched to a fully asynchronous model, which should result in tremendous performance improvements.

Changes in 0.4 (7/24/09)
    * Included some optimzations that should speed things up again.

Changes in 0.3 (7/15/09)
    * Included some optimizations that should speed things up a little.
    As Snayler said, if you're trying to sniff the whole network it''s normal. If you're trying to sniff 1 or 2 clients it's not normal. You should get fast enough download times. Almost real-time.

Just burned his ISO

hmmm, im not sniffing the whole network. Only one client. I did notice a bit of a difference with speed between 0.6 and 0.1. But essentially no change.

Just burned his ISO

How are you connected to the clients? Wifi or wired?

Have you tried just using ettercap and ip forwarding to see what traffic is like before you start sslstrip?

Have you tried arpspoof instead of ettercap? Both 'should' work ...