Thread: installing knetworkmanager-0.2.2 / mobile internet dongles

Just burned his ISO

Default installing knetworkmanager-0.2.2 / mobile internet dongles

Hi all... apologies for what i going to seem like a pretty lame question.

I've used ubuntu for a little while and i'm so used to just going apt-get install that now i need to do things manually i'm in a bit of bother...

I'll explain:

I have a dell mini 10 which i have installed bt4-pre final on, have enabled root user and i want to use my orange internet dongle (UK) to connect to the internet.

I havent found a network manager type program on bt4 and wicd seems to be soley wifi so i thought if i get the kde equvilant of network manager that i use on ubuntu i would be ok...

i downloaded knetworkmanager-0.2.2-tar.gz on my other computer, transfered via usb, then extracted that so i have the folder sitting on the desktop... i right clicked on the folder and went >actions>open terminal here
    then i typed ./configure and it gives me a load of text and at the bottom says:

checking for X... configure: error: cant find x libraries. please check your installation and add the correct paths!

from there it gives me the line root@backtrack:~/knetworkmanager-0.2.2#

when i try to type make or make install it says make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. stop.

can anyone help me with this or give me a better way to getting a mobile internet dongle working in bt4?

Download network manager but in .deb format, then just use:

Code:
    dpkg -i (path to "networkmanager.deb")

Just burned his ISO

will any version of networkmanager.deb work in bt4 pre or am i looking for knetworkmanager.deb? i was assumeing that because of the kde desktop as apposed to a gnome desktop i'd need to change?

Sorry... scratch that... i get it. networkmanager.deb and knetworkmanager applet... sorry