Guidelines for making a feature request
Since we are coming up on Backtrack 4 final version the feature request section is going to be very important in the next few weeks. Here are a few guidelines for making a request. If you cant even bother to meet these guidelines then don't be surprised if we don't bother to read your request.
- What is the name of the tool/feature
- What is the URL of the home page of the tool/feature
- What is the link to the source of the tool/feature
- Why should we include this tool/feature
- Is there already a tool which provides the same functionality
- If so why should we consider yours? What does it do better?
- What sort of licensing does the tool have
- Can we contact the author if needed for questions/patch's
- Is the tool still maintained? Does the site look active?
Please include as much of this type of information as possible. It ensures we can make the best choice of tools for the job with out over bloating backtrack with redundant tools.