Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please add picture signatures

Exclamation Please add picture signatures

Hello everyone involved in the Backtrack community I was wondering if you guys can add the option to add a pic signature. If there is a reason behind why you guys didn't include in the first place i would like to know.

Anyone who agrees to this idea don't be scared to comment on whether you would like the idea of a picture signature. ^_^

Thanks for your time.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Isohump View Post
    Stuff about picture signatures and emotes my 9 year old cousin uses.
    Terrible idea. We have an avatar, a signature picture would just take up more space when reading the forums. What is the point anyway? "lulz, look at my/my friend's mad shooping skillz from stuff I google imaged"

The point is some people know how to make their own little logo with their name, it's something you wouldn't understand.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Hello everyone involved in the Backtrack community I was wondering if you guys can add the option to add a pic signature. If there is a reason behind why you guys didn't include in the first place i would like to know.

Anyone who agrees to this idea don't be scared to comment on whether you would like the idea of a picture signature. ^_^

Thanks for your time.
    In what way would adding a picture signature improve the functionality of the forums, how about we start there?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by g3ksan View Post
    Terrible idea. We have an avatar, a signature picture would just take up more space when reading the forums. What is the point anyway? "lulz, look at my/my friend's mad shooping skillz from stuff I google imaged"
    Agreed. I sometimes frequent the forums from my mobile phone and the last thing I want is for it take longer to load pictures. Not to mention it would probably be abused and used for spamming.

The point is some people know how to make their own little logo with their name, it's something you wouldn't understand.
    I understand it completely. It's a form of self-humping that has been around on the internets for years. I remember back in the day playing Ultima Online, posting in weird forums, with signature pictures made in mspaint. It was stupid then and it is stupid now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln View Post
    Agreed. I sometimes frequent the forums from my mobile phone and the last thing I want is for it take longer to load pictures. Not to mention it would probably be abused and used for spamming.
    Same, except sometimes==often. The forums are nice and streamlined as they are, no need for extra things mucking it up.

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Because we all want load times to take longer just to see someone's ugly oversized signature image.

Quote Originally Posted by Isohump
    If you want to show off your image creating abilities then take is somewhere else. There's plenty of sites made just for this reason.

Thanks for every ones feedback didn't think about it that way when I had posted it.

Because no one wants to download pic signatures and slow page load time further.

PS > No I didn't read the whole thread.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Thanks for your time.
    I will give you some good reasons. (Now I won't close this thread based on the topic. Another Mod/Admin might.)
    There was some discussion a while back on allowing urls/links in signatures.
    If the picture is a link then the potential for abuse is great. It was abused.
    I (nor do the other mod/admins) have the time to verify every link that may be posted. If the picture is hosted on the forum servers that takes up space and transferring, hosting, said space costs money. If you want to donate then visit Remote-exploit.org and do so.

As was mentioned no one wants to really look at them. Most people do not come here for the pictures. They take up unnecessary room on monitors.
    They also add nothing to the content of the thread. I am sure there are more but that should suffice.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast