Thread: Lost my mouse settings, dragon font sizes and nuvox theme again

Default Lost my mouse settings, dragon font sizes and nuvox theme again

Now mouse settings (double-click) and fonts sizes revert back to their annoying KDE defaults. Oh well, another fun day in Backtrackville. This time I will not reinstall (3rd time in three days). Seems like the most minor adjustments causes this thing to break.

I'm going to punish myself now by writing 1000 times "I will not even THINK about adjusting font sizes in Backtrack ever again"

I'm no expert, but it sounds like you didn't actually install backtrack on to your computer/USB/external HDD. Do any settings save? If not, then yeah, you did it wrong. Search the forums, there are over 9000 different guides and posts about it. Either that or you are just running the CD and expecting things to save?

Quote Originally Posted by g3ksan View Post
    I'm no expert, but it sounds like you didn't actually install backtrack on to your computer/USB/external HDD. Do any settings save? If not, then yeah, you did it wrong. Search the forums, there are over 9000 different guides and posts about it. Either that or you are just running the CD and expecting things to save?
    Trust me, I AM an expert at installing Backtrack onto a pen-drive. Here's a tutorial just for you:

1) Install BT onto a 8 gig pendrive using unetbootin.
    2) Repartition the pendrive with gparted. Shrink the fat32 partition down to 2 gigs. Make the remaining space, the 2nd partition. Format it to ext2 and label it "casper-rw."
    3) Finished -- WOW, a real toughy isn't it?
    4) On reboot, always log into persistent changes option on unetbootin grub screen (changes will then be saved), no need to change or fix grub menu. Leave it alone.

DONE

Now you can make this the 9000 +1 guide to installing BT4 to a USB, chief.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldhedge View Post
    Thats over 9000, guy.

Trust me, I AM an expert at installing Backtrack onto a pen-drive.
    You never answered my question, does any custom work you've done on the OS carry over? Simple test: put a .txt file on the desktop, reboot, is it still there?

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Trust me, I AM an expert at installing Backtrack onto a pen-drive. Here's a tutorial just for you:
    So you have a problem and the one person that helps you out, you turn around and bite their hand? We went through this with you yesterday.
    My suggestion would be to check your attitude when you log onto the forums.

We will no longer tolerate abusive or derogatory remarks, or members acting like self-appointed moderators. The forum staff are here to help you. Please use their services.
    Breaking the forum rules may incur infractions ranging from loss of posting privileges to temporary or permanent ban.

Furthermore this is not a bug nor a fix. Post in the proper section.

Check your PM for an infraction.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.