Thread: Help import passlist into BT4 Live Cd

Just burned his ISO

Default Help import passlist into BT4 Live Cd

Hi.
    Long story short.

Im using backtrack 4 live cd.
    I need to import a wordlist/passlist into my livecd or somhow get acess to one while in bt4.

Is it posseble to somhow get it on the bt4 cd or can i swap cd while in bt 4 ?

Next, what format should the wordlist be in and how big.
    And at last, can i dl a passlist somwhere ?

I know i should search google, and i tried.
    But i dunno what to look after, i noone of the wpa cracking guides they show were to get passlist / howto import them.

Please help me :P
    Btw. i really suck at linux commands, so if i would need any of them, please explain

What type of access point are you trying to crack?

Just burned his ISO

It's a Wpa.
    Dunno if it's Wpa-Psk or wpa/wpa2
    :S

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by philippeboissard View Post
    It's a Wpa.
    I have a really good way to make the password list if you know the password. Can you tell us what the password is?
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Just burned his ISO

its danish "DumåikkeKommeHøræ"
    But, i dunno how to compile a wordlist.
    I got a danish dictionary.

But it cant mix the words Du and må
    Like if i need that to work i gotta maked a word spelled "dumå"

Any help ?

its danish "DumåikkeKommeHøræ"
    But, i dunno how to compile a wordlist.
    I got a danish dictionary.

But it cant mix the words Du and må
    Like if i need that to work i gotta maked a word spelled "dumå"

Any help ?
    Code:
    echo "DumåikkeKommeHøræ" | aircrack-ng -w - -e mydanishESSIDname mycapture.cap
    You could also do:
    Code:
    echo "DumåikkeKommeHøræ" > /tmp/wordlist.txt ; aircrack-ng -e mydanishESSIDname -w /tmp/wordlist.txt mycapture.cap
    Is that sufficient?

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

It's a Wpa.
    You don't know what type it is? Didn't you notice what type of encryption it was using when you configured it?
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

It only says wpa.
    Not if its wpa psk or anyhing, dunno how to make the diffrence.
    Btw. i diddent configure it. my dad did.

Code:
    echo "DumåikkeKommeHøræ" | aircrack-ng -w - -e mydanishESSIDname mycapture.cap
    That worked fine, but if i dont know the code.
    Then what can i do ? - cause if i put only an ekstra "Æ" in the router pass this "Script" wont work.

In the event that the password changes, you can just change the echo statement, this merely proves the test - that you have captured a packet-sequence that contains your password.

If you wanted to use a wordlist, you can try the second option - in this case it has only one word in it (the password you know). You can get password lists from pretty much anywhere though, the openwall project has some nice ones. It's just a matter of referring to them by where you saved them (in the example I gave above it was saved to /tmp/wordlist.txt), following the filesystem path. For example, a common aircrack command for me:
    Code:
    aircrack-ng -e devnetwork -w /home/gitsnik/Wordlists/bigpassword.lst devnet-01.cap
    This uses the bigpassword.lst file in my Wordlists folder. If you need some help with that, have a read of the New to Linux sticky thread in the Newbie forum.

Also, as a bit of help, have a look at the aircrack website, specifically the manual page for airodump-ng. It is quite useful in explaining where the various components of the WiFi show up on screen.

In this case yours is WPA-PSK - we know this because you said it was WPA, and because it worked with a password. Most home users use WPA-PSK or WPA2-PSK, the differences are nominal for the purposes of attacking them.