Thread: Backtrack 3 working like a pro but..

Just burned his ISO

Default Backtrack 3 working like a pro but..

Wireless problems, i looked the compatible cards and I found mines ina heartbeat. I am using VMware Workstation 7, and i was following a tutorial on youtube. Well ive gotten it to boot and everything, but yeah when I click that K thing and then select wireless, wireless assistance it says no usable wireless devices found. Can someone show me a screenshot what it would look like when i click edit, Virtual network editor. It says im using the Ralink RT61 Wireless card which is correct and my VMnet Info says bridged to: Ranklink RT61 Wireless LAN Card V2. What could be the problem?

WMware WS 7 isnt like the tutorial which was confusing.
    Unless anyone could link me to a tutorial about the wireless stuff using workstation 7, it would help me alot.

Please read the forum rules, taking particular note of the rule about searching before posting.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Wireless and VM is a abit of an issue, you can't use the internal wireless NIC of your machine with VMs. Backtrack will view you wireless nic as a eth0 (it bridges the guess machine to the host machine using the VM nic drivers) BUT!! all is not lost, if you purchase a USB wireless, then you can get it working that way, and works like a treat!! Coz I am a nice clown, I recommend on the Edimax 802.11b/g Turbo mode hight-gain USB adapter (ew-7318USg.. its awesome, and works well with aircrack to crack wep.

hope this helps.