Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Official Hello Thread

Hi All! I've been a Back|Track user since B|T 2, and couldn't be happier that they've moved from nasty Slax to Ubuntu. I'm still learning a lot about tools and how/when to use them - there're a LOT of them!

I previously joined the forums under the pseudonym "RedLXXXIV" but had an epiphany some time ago (a self-realization, actually) and traded in my old handle for a new one.

At work, I'm a Linux/UNIX/Windows/Web/Hardware SysAdmin, so you can bet my hands are quite full. The thing I love most about my job though, is that I get to bring my passion with me. It's also fun too, sometimes. The PEBKAC and 1D.10-T errors keep things interesting... or are at least a conversation piece around the office.

I will never profess to know everything, but am here to help anybody new and willing to learn. And heck, I'll even learn stuff that puzzles or baffles me.
    thou shalt treat all computers as thou wouldst treat thyself, for thou art the creator of thine own problems.

Hello,

Name is Big Mike and im new to all this. I will be taking Security Training Online courses. PWB, CTP and WIFU. This is a great forum and im looking forward in learning and doing lots of searches for my answers.

Have a good day

Just burned his ISO

Hi. Not much to say. Just here to help out others and get help from others. Been using *nix style system as primary for several years, use Backtrack here and there for testing.

Just burned his ISO

hellow, my name is andre, im new here

hope learn a lot from you guys

Just burned his ISO

Hello Guys,

I'm a tech-guy from Hungary interested in mostly Linux and heavy-traffic web service solutions. I design service systems and storage for traffic-intensive websites, that's mostly what I do... As a result, my main area of interest are the design, architecture, scaling, security, tuning and balancing of such systems, but I also got interested lately in wireless (in)security, as a byproduct of a very bad and annoying experience I had with my own WPA2 wifi router at home... I'm telling you-- since then, I'm pulling cables everywhere...

Anyway... I hope I can learn a lot here, and maybe get myself useful sometime... Cheers!

Just burned his ISO

i'm sure i can find what i'm looking for here!

greets!

Just burned his ISO

Hello, Moubarak here. I am new to this community, glad to be part of it to be honest. Looking forward to everything that I can get and give around.
    Have a good day.

Just burned his ISO

Default Hello

Hi dix here to make friends & learn , I dont know jack
    but if any one is intrested in taking me in and be my tutor
    i gladly will be Honored in being your student.
    Thank you.

Default Micole

Hey guys, I have been using backtrack from version 3 and I really like it. I currently use it to watch my network and to have fun trying to see if there are vulnerabilities in my own computers.

I would like to think that I know more then the average user when it comes to computers, but you can never truly judge your own skills without bias... I run a few Linux boxes and keep my family's windows computers safe.

I am currently taking an "Ethical Hacking" class and because its the first time running the class we are making the curriculum and exercises on the spot and documenting it for future classes. (We have a setup that emulates a really small version of the internet, so we can see how to protect our little pods from attacks and how to take care of a small network).

I finally signed up on the site after only being a reader so if I ever had any problems I would be able to ask for help.

See you guys out there.
    Common Knowledge: Username, "root". Password, "toor". "startx" gives you a GUI, and "fix-vesa" will fix BT if you have no GUI. Start networking with "/etc/init.d/networking start" and check your IP settings with "ifconfig -a". "dhclient" will automatically use DHCP for your IP. Google is your friend.

ownyourself

Default x

hello world,
    I`m incognito and want to learn some linux magic
    currently studyin IBMS and 17 years old

you can call me ubernoob

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast