Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Hello Thread

Default Hey

I'm really happy with this pre-release of backtrack... I'm looking forward to some of the classes that Remote-Exploit has to offer I just really hope that the next job that I'm applying for will accept the certs from those classes I've only found one thing that I'm having issues with on the new pre-release and that would be running three OS's on my pc right now it's Linux Mint KDE 5 vista and bt4 it only has a few issues with the video but other than that I just wanted to say great job to all the ppl that worked on this project and thanks for all the help in the forum

Just burned his ISO

Default Hi All!

Hi all, darkbraven here!

Just wanna share a lil bit of my story with backtrack:
    At first, i thought I am gonna use backtrack just for my wireless analysis as at that time I didnt know about the other features that backtrack has. And then, after I installed and play with it, I was really impressed with it! I am totally into backtrack now and hope i can learn it fast.

I am an ubuntu user but i am not really an advance user (like most of the ubuntu users are), but at least i know here and there about linux.

I faced a serious problem with backtrack few hours ago (when i tried to use my ASUS WL-167G which was claimed to work fine in backtrack, but it turned out the adapter didn't work at all in my case), but thanks God I found the solution here (after several hours reading and trying out). The credit goes to Deathray in the following thread (in which he faced the same problem too):

HOW TO : Mod ASUS WL-167G for External Antenna

Thx for reading.

Just burned his ISO

MasterScat here,

I've been playing with live versions of bt3 and bt4, and virtualized bt4pre before finally making a dual-boot with Win7. So far it is pretty cool. I'm trying to learn more about it.

Just burned his ISO

Default Hi

Well well well. What should I say. Just a "HELLO GUYS" would be too less I guess. So...

I'm not realy that new Backtrack user. I used Auditor in the early days and later, after the developers did the fusion, back in ~2006 the fresh and new Backtrack version. I never posted here before, so i guess, now its time to say Hello and thank you guys for all the great work you did. DON'T STOP THE GOOD WORK !
    Well, thats it. I'm sure I will enjoy my stay.

regards

BEETEE

Just burned his ISO

Default Hi

Hey I really like the layout here, I look forward to reading and learning, enjoy many posts here. I am a Sup mod else where and enjoy helping out when I can

Just burned his ISO

Default Another lurker...

Just wanted to drop in and officially register. Compared to most people, I am pretty good with computers. Relative to anybody here I am probably one of the biggest idiots. You probably won't see me post much, but I will continue to lurk quietly. I am very interested in learning as much as I can and would like to thank everybody who keeps this site up and going.

Just burned his ISO

I just wanted to officially say hello to everyone! I just recently decided to try BT so that I could actually learn how to do pentesting for my own needs. I am trying to learn as much as I can to both BT and linux. I plan on going to college to earn a bachelors in CS and hopefully create something great. As far as me contributing to the forum... yeah I only ask questions that haven't been asked before, since searching always provides some sort of help...That's about it, hope you guys are nice to newbies!

Just burned his ISO

Default Hello

I am a somewhat experienced backtrack user. I have used it many times. I am here to increase my knowledge of wireless security and it's underlying principles.

Just burned his ISO

Hello. This is the mandatory introduction message. So, i'll take the chance to say hello to you all.

My name is Christopher Miller. I'm an experienced (but somewhat rusty) Linux user, who is completely new to BackTrack. I've got set up a 4gb Integral USB Thumb drive for BT3, 1gb Fat32 partition, 3gb ext2 partition. for persistent changes.

I'm running on a Dell Inspiron 1545, and also on an acer 3020 (if i remember the model number right - not at that machine at the moment)

EDIT: i didn't remember the correct model. it was an Acer Aspire 3050

Hoping to grab another 4gb drive for a BT4 persistent install.

Here's to the fun of legal exploitation :-) i'll be using this setup (once i've got used to it) for doing the security work i already do, but doing it in an OS that's actually good :-)

Hello , I'm Sickness !
    I am 17 years old, almost 18 and I am obsessed with Linux not only BT. I'm a new user on this forum but I learnt a lot of cool things here and hopefully in the next year I'll post my own videos and tutorials.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast