Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Hello Thread

Just burned his ISO

Nixd, new to the whole linuxscene just because i thought it would be to hard to learn in a short amount of time.
    well..had some sparetime and after buying an alfa awus36h i decided to start working with a bt3 livecd.
    my main operating system is still windows and i used backtrack every now and then to learn about its programs.

Just burned his ISO

hello, new here. i been working in support and admin for long time i figured it was time to broaden my eyes and get more into learning about security and learn about protecting the environment i work in. although that is the network engineers job i am looking at a career change. i learnt alot already from just reading up on this. working with linux on and off but never worked with backtrack found it a year ago.

Just burned his ISO

Smile Hello

Hi everyone here, i'm a newbie in systems security and hacking methods but I want to learn and practice to become in a C|EH. I have experience with Web servers deployment (Apache), knowledgement in php,html programing and another few things.

sorry for my bad english

Just burned his ISO

Hello, my handle is subversion. I have fairly decent knowledge of linux and have been using BT4 on and off for about a year or since it was in beta production. I still dont fully grasp all of its complexities and all of the programs, but im working my way through it bit by bit. Hopefully with some help from here I can become a pro.

I am interested in IT security as a possible career and have been studying non stop to try an reach this goal. I know javascript, abit of python, and some perl. My PHP knowledge needs some work, but ill get to it soon enough. Nice to meet you all!

Just burned his ISO

hello .. I'm ZonTa from Sri Lanka.. Started to use backtrack.. looks hard but will learn .. so hope u'll welcome me here

Just burned his ISO

Default hey all

hey all, im |regis|. been using backtrack on and off since BT2 but never was able to properly use it senior members at fedora, ubuntu, and other linux distros couldn't figure it out, so now i have a laptop, but still have the desktop). been trying to get back into it again so i can learn more about it, you will probably see me posting in the "wtf why isn't this working like it should" section, or something similar.

running a MSI GX700, should be fun

MOD EDIT: This thread as stated in post 1 is not for problems, questions, or requests for help of any sort.

Just burned his ISO

Talking

Hi guys, greetings from Italy. Keep up the gooooooood work!

Just burned his ISO

Intro time - Due to the lovely economy here in Michigan, I found myself without a job a few months ago. That lead me to start the "reinvention process".

I am hoping to be taking the CEH and CHFI classes at New Horizon's. So during my downtime, I've been in full study mode.

One thing or another lead me here to the home of BackTrack.

I've got more Windows experience than I should admit with a straight face and am now in process of becoming one with the penguin.

So, if I ask too stupid of a question... it's me falling back on my Windows time.

Just burned his ISO

Default Hello to all!

Hey there, Curio here. I am probably a little older than some of you new guys, but just as interested. Been a manager for a retail location for a long time now. Really looking to branch out in my career and try something that caught my interest as a kid when I watched War Games and Hackers. Security and pen testing is a career field that I have long thought would be fun and constantly encourage brain cell development. I look forward to learning from all of you and hope that I can return the favor.

Just burned his ISO

Heya, all!

I'm MK74-
    I'm new to Backtrack, and "fairly" versed in linux. I'm no expert and you will be reading some questions from me very often
    Currently, I'm trying BT3 Final on a usb with persistent changes, but so far I still have to make some adjustments to it in order to get it to work properly, so wish me luck!

C' ya 'round1

Cheers!

MK74-

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast