Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Hello Thread

Just burned his ISO

Default Happy Black Friday (err...maybe Red Friday...I don't know in this economy)

Happy Black Friday everyone...Hopefully, noone gets trampled to death at Wal-Mart this year

Stumbled upon the idiots corner, and had a few laughs...I especially liked the one where the guy managed to crack his neighbors WEP, but wanted to know how to use the WEP Key he cracked...hilarious! That's like knowing how to tie your shoes, but not knowing how to put the shoes on your feet.

I was originally using WEP security before really digging in to learn more about network security, and ended up purchasing a ALFA AWUS036H Wireless Adapter to see if I could crack it. Low and behold...it was way too simple!

I immediately changed my encryption to WPA2, but as I've learned there are ways around it as well.

In my defense, let me say that I was a bit nieve in thinking that cracking wireless passwords, and sniffing were not as prevelant as I have now found them to be.

I'm on a mission to create a more secured wireless network. I've been learning more about fake AP's (honeypots), and am going to start messing with those to see who tries to connect.

Now I just need the Backtrack 4 Final (when it comes out) to include a program that makes the people from the idiots corner computers melt when they try to connect to my wireless router!

Just burned his ISO

I guess there is no harm posting in here... *cough*

Greetings! My name is Ingo. I am 4th year student at vocational qualification in business college, in Finland . I should graduate in about four months, so then I will basically be 'your-companies-computer-guy'

I have been trying to study Linux for past year and a half when ever I have had spare time and about six to five months ago I found out about Back Track and have been playing around with it since then, I consider my self pretty much a newbie still with my self taught skills (I can't code my self out of a paper bag).

Anyways I'm looking for learning more about the Linux side of the IT world as well as wireless networks which no doubt will be the future of corporate networks and since I most likely will be working in this field in future I thought I should take a head start to get to know weaknesses and strengths of WiFi before I actually have to work with them.

I doubt that anyone will actually read this wall-of-text, but if you did thank you for taking an interest in me and I hope to see you around the forums.

Sincerely Ingogonito

Just burned his ISO

Lightbulb

I just joined and look forward to getting BT4 installed.

I may buy an eee just for it and have some fun war driving.

I'm not new to the scene but this is my first public debut.

You may very well see me in the IRC soon.

Some of my specialties:

Enterprise security/management, All RFID, Hi-Co, Smart cards, Communications, Server management, DNS, NTLM. SQL, Hosting, and many more.

Feel free to PM

Just burned his ISO

Hi! I'm dedal0 owner of the blog seguridadblanca[dot]org, I love pentesting and programming, I'll like to learn what I don't know and teach what I know, hope to be good friends.

Waves'
    Dedalo

Just burned his ISO

Smile

Hello! I am Iforgetmyname and I am new to BackTrack distros. I have been using linux for about 2 years now. I run 1 desktop that dual boots XP and Ubuntu 9.0.4. I am currently working from my work laptop that is Windows7/VMWare, in which I have quite a few distros including BackTrack 4 installed on VMs.

I have been programming, testing, designing for about 12 years. I currently am a freelance consultant. Web Marketing, business applications, web-design, database mainenence, hardware repairs, server configs, you name it....

I find that Linux distros and applications are much more difficult to install and configure, but much more customizable. I look at it this way, if you want full control over your environment and are willing to spend the time to get it that way, once it is done, you will enjoy the fruits of your labor much more!

I work and go to school. My goal is to graduate with BS in IT and pass my C.E.H, which I am currently enrolled to attend during February 2010. Then it is on to my C.I.S.S.P and hopefully even become an I.S.S.E.P. Who knows I may be the next NSA employee caught monitoring things I shouldn't, but if not, at least I can contribute to something....

Hope to see you around.

Just burned his ISO

Hello , great advice !
    i m also new , and i m very interested to earns stuffs from you guys

Talking

just saying hello to fellow newcomers

Peace

Hi im knew

peace

Hello, I have been lurking around for a while.... I am an experienced IT professional with a BAS in infosec but I just recently went from being the "jack of all trades" IT Guy to the Security Administrator role for a medium size network....

Hanging around here is a GREAT way to learn and help others as well.... I have really enjoyed my stay so far and hope to gain 1% of the knowledge level some of you guys are at.

Oh and ignore the name,.... it has been following me around since the early days and those pesky Ducati white boards....

Just burned his ISO

Default Hello

I would just like to say keep up the good work. I am learning linux (running ubuntu as i type) and I will been downloading and playing with backtrack. I am working on a bachelors in information systems security. I will soon also be studying for the Certified ethical hacker certification. I would like to be a penetration tester so i can help keep companies networks secure. I have a lot of reading to do so i better get to it.

Thanks

Just burned his ISO

Hi, I'm J0n4s... here to learn more about BT, used BT3 before but not in anger too much.. I'll mainly be in the background reading through all the threads and making the occasional post...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast