Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Hello Thread

Hybrid View

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Smile Official Hello Thread

This is the official hello thread. If you feel the need to make an introductory post this is the place for it.
    The next threads you should read are also "stickied" here in the newbie area, at the top.
    This will also help keep the forums cleaner looking.

Do Not Ask Questions of Any Sort In This Thread.
    Do Not Answer Questions Here Either, As They Will Be Deleted.

Thanks.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

i'll go ahead and start this then

hi, i'm SuspectZero. been here for about a year or so. im 19 years old and currently in college. in my time here i have learned a hell of alot just by browsing here every day. if you are posting here than you are most likely newer than i am so im just gonna say one thing here. read the rules, read the faq and search search search. in doing so you will be successfull in what ever you are doing. and there is no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people on that note, hello and enjoy your stay here. its an amazing place to be
    Until they become conscious they will never rebel, and until after they have rebelled they cannot become conscious...

Creepy fast first post is creepy.

I'm g3k, a recovering *chantard. I got involved in some of the stupid DDoSsing of CoS back when it all went down and got involved in a lot of it all. Always had an interest in hacking since I was a kid, what got me thinking it was possible as a career choice was "Steal This Computer Book v1" Got wrapped up doing computer janitor work and finally realized that this is the best time for me to get involved in security. Went to DC16 on a whim and I've been obsessed with it since. I'm only now getting motivated to learn the skills; I'm a self teacher, I joined this forum to mostly lurk and learn. I might ask a question here and there but honestly most of the questions asked around here have been answered, so for the love of humanity use the search feature.

I currently do computer janitor work and started recently doing forensics for my job, which I kind of had no choice in the matter. (also no raise in pay) I'm currently studying for CEH, SSCP, and I'm thinking about taking PWB sometime next year. I'm also reading The Illustrated Guide to TCP/IP, which is hugemongous, but I think it will be helpful in the long run. It's already helped me at work.

I also recommend iTunesU for security and networking classes. While it might be a little weird and some things may not make sense, it's something to follow along to.

Just burned his ISO

I'm Kaptain Caveman and I'm a newbie to BackTrack and a relative newbie to Linux.

First thing I did when I found this forum was read several posts from the "Idiot's Corner". Very entertaining.

Looking forward to learning some new and fun stuff.
    It seems that half the fun of Linux is knowing that I can fix it once I break it.

Just burned his ISO

I am Salla Darktalon, I am a newb to Backtrack and a newb to the whole exploit scene, I am hoping to learn a few things while I am here.

Hi, I'm Endure.

I've been lurking here for a while now - saw this post and decided to sign up.

I have been using Backtrack for about 6 months now and have learned a lot from using it. I used Ubuntu 7.10 for a while a few years ago but never really stuck with it, now I use Backtrack on almost a daily basis. Looking at doing PWB sometime during the next year amongst other courses

Happy that I can be part of a forum with so much knowledge and experience. Hope that I can help people where I can and get similar support when I need it.

Default Track404

Hi, Track404 here dual booting Ubuntu 9.10 with Backtrack 3. Currently I've been turning Ubuntu into a mini version of Backtrack but may just decide to wipe both drives and go with Backtrack 4 Finale when it arrives.

I'm not a fan of Windows, but as it turns out it's really a fun operating system, that is when it's not your primary one.

Just burned his ISO

Default Hi

New guy here. Running BT 3 USB extended, MOD EDIT: The first post states that this thread is not for your problems, or questions.

USER EDIT : And where did you see a request for help with anything in this post ? I just said "Hi" and threw in a little bit ( just to be conversational ) about what brought me here. Have I wandered into a pseudo-nazi warzone or something ? Shit............

scottsee

Hey, been around a couple years, good forum, good information.

Just burned his ISO

Hai all...

iam new in here..
    hope i can find lot usefull knowledge here...

Regards.

Hai..

Iam totally new in back track and also linux..
    hope i can find a lot of information bout that here in great forum.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast