Thread: Continue with VB.NET?

Just burned his ISO

Default Continue with VB.NET?

So I had to learn intro to Visual Basic for a course at my college. Is it worth continuing my studies in for penetration testing? How would I use it?

Quote Originally Posted by stevo937 View Post
    So I had to learn intro to Visual Basic for a course at my college. Is it worth continuing my studies in for penetration testing? How would I use it?
    :cringe: I don't program too much any more, but .net anything kind of sucks, but, I would imagine that knowing how VB.net works, it would help you find vulns in apps. (I'm really reaching for a good use)

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by g3ksan View Post
    :cringe: I don't program too much any more, but .net anything kind of sucks, but, I would imagine that knowing how VB.net works, it would help you find vulns in apps. (I'm really reaching for a good use)
    Pretty much exactly what I would say. The only caveat would be to get a solid focus in how error handling and injection techniques work. It's relatively difficult to find decent information on this sort of thing out there.
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

I would recommend other languages as your "first to learn".
    .Net or Java hide too much from you, so even if you know "how to do something" you might still have no idea how it actually works.

My fav first langauge is C (c++ is good also).

Sin-cerely,
    Trol