Thread: So is there a list of some sort of all OS and what their special uses are?

Just burned his ISO

Default So is there a list of some sort of all OS and what their special uses are?

I played around with BT3 and now I want to know what other OS I should play with and how to get started. Ubuntu for example, what are the pros of this OS and what are its uses? Thats just one example. I want to know about other OS' too

Try distrowatch.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emran2626 View Post
    I played around with BT3 and now I want to know what other OS I should play with and how to get started. Ubuntu for example, what are the pros of this OS and what are its uses? Thats just one example. I want to know about other OS' too

List of operating systems - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    That was so hard.
    Furthermore this has nothing to do with Back Track .
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Microsoft Windows : Suitable for downloading and testing viruses. Over the last two decades, Microsoft Windows has proven to be an indispensable tool in downloading, testing, and distributing viruses. It is unrivaled in this field.

Mac OS
    : Hmm... iTunes I suppose, I hear it works better on a Mac.

Linux : All other fields that have yet to be mentioned (except viruses, it's shit at viruses, I mean really bad).
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post
    Microsoft Windows : Suitable for downloading and testing viruses. Over the last two decades, Microsoft Windows has proven to be an indispensable tool in downloading, testing, and distributing viruses. It is unrivaled in this field..
    Be nice Virchanza, Now the Windows 7 is out EVERYTHING will be much different.....yes much different. Just you wait and see.....I mean ....did I say different? And if not for Microsoft we all would still be discussing new ways of Phone Phriking....MS is soo much easier.

And that original message most likely was from a trol...and not a nice domesticated one like me.

Sin-cerely,
    Trol