Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Video] Cracking WiFi - WPA/WPA2 (Aircrack-ng vs coWPAtty)

Default Re: [Video] Cracking WiFi - WPA/WPA2 (Aircrack-ng vs coWPAtty)

is there any dictionaries that contain Digits ? i set my ap password to 123456789
    but webster can't crack it because of digits ,if you know help me out thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hitasb View Post
    is there any dictionaries that contain Digits ? i set my ap password to 123456789
    but webster can't crack it because of digits ,if you know help me out thanks.
    A few dictionaries/wordlists have numbers in it - tho most of them I found went up to 123456.
    "Wordlist.dic", has 123456789 in it....
    Have you...g0tmi1k?

Just burned his ISO

Question Re: [Video] Cracking WiFi - WPA/WPA2 (Aircrack-ng vs coWPAtty)

I have been testing on my AP with WPA/WPA2-PSK CCMP
    everything was going ok until I realized that I can't get the "handshake" after using
    Code:
    aireplay-ng --deauth
    My Q is: do I have to use DoS attack to the connected PC so that I get the handshake or I only need to enter the deauth command once and I will get the handshake?

@Mobster,

I believe that handshake occurs when the connected client, reconnects to the AP (after the deauth) meaning airodump can capture the handshake between the AP and the Client. If you do a DoS on the client it won't be able to connect back meaning you won't capture the handshake.

If it's your own AP you're testing then deauth your client, reconnect with that client and you should see that airodump captures the handshake. I'm no expert but I think that's the basics.

What response do you get when you send the deauth?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy87 View Post
    @Mobster,

I believe that handshake occurs when the connected client, reconnects to the AP (after the deauth) meaning airodump can capture the handshake between the AP and the Client. If you do a DoS on the client it won't be able to connect back meaning you won't capture the handshake.

If it's your own AP you're testing then deauth your client, reconnect with that client and you should see that airodump captures the handshake. I'm no expert but I think that's the basics.

Thanks for the replay

The response is the same in the video but it does not capture the handshake.

I was reading other threads by g0tmi1k, and that if the client PC is windows 7 then there may be some problems. If this is the issue then what is the reason for it, is it windows 7 security related or another issue?

I'm not sure what the differences are between windows 7 and other versions of windows. What sort of setup are you using? Vmware/virtual box or a DVD/USB? What wireless card do you use?

Maybe you can try the attack passively and see what happens?

If it's your router I'm guessing that distance shouldn't be an issue here?

Quote Originally Posted by mobster View Post
    I have been testing on my AP with WPA/WPA2-PSK CCMP
    everything was going ok until I realized that I can't get the "handshake" after using
    Code:
    aireplay-ng --deauth
    My Q is: do I have to use DoS attack to the connected PC so that I get the handshake or I only need to enter the deauth command once and I will get the handshake?
    What OS is your target running? I found that I can't deauth one of my Windows 7 systems
    If you DoS, you might stop the target from talking to the Access Point which will have the handshake which your after!
    You're going to have to wait for someone else to rejoin OR the current target to disconnect/reboot/poweroff...

@Mobster,

Thanks for the reply.
    Yeah, that sound about right to me as well (but I'm not an expert too!)
    Could you,mobster, manually disconnect/connect - see if you can get the handshake that way - or if something else is going wrong...
    *If you can't TRY and manually join - then I don't think this is place for you...Rules*

Quote Originally Posted by mobster View Post
    Thanks for the replay

The response is the same in the video but it does not capture the handshake.

I was reading other threads by g0tmi1k, and that if the client PC is windows 7 then there may be some problems. If this is the issue then what is the reason for it, is it windows 7 security related or another issue?
    It might just be my hardware/setup on my Windows 7 system, but I do know they have improved alot of the wireless networking since XP...
    Have you...g0tmi1k?

Just burned his ISO

Total n00b question here, but to clarify, you need to be on the same network as the victim computer, correct? So, being on the same WiFi network would suffice?

Cheers,
    - Sulegna -

@ g0tm1lk
    Thanks for the videos by the way! They're very helpful...especially the De-ice ones!

Anyhow, I've just tried to deauth my windows 7 laptop using a vista machine running vmware with BT4 Final and it worked no problem! Using alfa wireless card. So as you say it could well be a particular hardware setup that makes the difference.

@sulegna

Technically you're aren't on a network if you're trying to retrieve a wpa/wpa2 key. If you were connected to the network you'd already have the key?

You need airodump to be on the same channel and filtered by the AP MAC to avoid confusion if that's what you mean?
    Last edited by Jimmy87; 09-04-2010 at 04:56 PM.

Just burned his ISO

I'm not sure what the differences are between windows 7 and other versions of windows. What sort of setup are you using? Vmware/virtual box or a DVD/USB? What wireless card do you use?

Maybe you can try the attack passively and see what happens?

If it's your router I'm guessing that distance shouldn't be an issue here?
    I think that the problem is because of the windows 7 as g0tmi1k said but I have no idea why? because I tested another one with vista and it worked and I got the handshake

Quote Originally Posted by g0tmi1k View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    Yeah, that sound about right to me as well (but I'm not an expert too!)
    Could you,mobster, manually disconnect/connect - see if you can get the handshake that way - or if something else is going wrong...
    *If you can't TRY and manually join - then I don't think this is place for you...Rules*
    yes I did reconnect with the windows 7 and did not get the handshake but with vista it worked fine.
    and don't worry all this was done in my network

and thanks to both of you for the replay especially you g0tmi1k for the good job.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast